Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Ok, I understand.

So you have the 4 sliders locked down and named as doing very specific functions, jet they don't connect in anyway to those functions in the Linux Playback Sampler software driving the sound.

It depends on the giga files to tell the playback sampler what to do when the sliders are moved.

So in short, even though slider 1 is called Cutoff, it could easily be Attack if the Giga file uses attack on that CC number. Man that's confusing. Why name the sliders in the first place if that's the case. Why not just list them as real time controls and name them by their CC number.

My V-Machine gives me direct access to the ADSR of the playback sampler which is the way I'd expect any system to work.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 03-25-2010).]

The main 8 sliders are always available to the all sounds engines that you recall, depend only IF the sound engine is enalbe to receive this midi CC.
This first 8 MAIN slider, have the CC controller fixed on the code.

IF you need more slider controllers, for each sound engine you have also another 36 realtime CC controller, just press the MS key: MIXER and will display a lot of sliders.
With the key: 8-16, 9-32 you can switch goup.

This all CC controllers sliders are also available to the external Midi OUT expander, you can use the ASIO PATCH 9-0, that work only for the 2 external midi Outs.

IF you dont like the 36 CC controller assigned, open your Presets folder and locate the file: midictrl.
Open with the kwrite editor and you see this:

[slider_1]
midictrl = 71 ;
name = CC71 TVF Resonance modify ;

[slider_2]
midictrl = 72 ;
name = CC72 Env Release time ;

[slider_3]
midictrl = 73 ;
name = CC73 Env Attack time ;

[slider_36]
midictrl = 42 ;
name = Midi CC42 ;

So..there you can edit your OWN midi CC that you like, edit the number: midictrl= xxx
and also the name to display on the interface( write James CC and the display will shown.. )

36+8 realtime slider CC I think you have enough.

here the shot.

[This message has been edited by LIONSTRACS (edited 03-25-2010).]