James, I have ALWAYS acknowledged the MS's capability to play first call VSTi's and GIGA libraries. My criticism of the MS was never based on its' ability to make great sounds, but on its' ability (or rather, the lack of it in its' users) to integrate all those different sounds into one gestalt that rivaled the balance and ease of use of a traditional TOTL closed arranger. Please don't misquote me...

Most of what we HAVE heard from user demos on the MS has been them connecting to the included GM/GS GIGA library, using the included styles. It certainly hasn't blown anyone away yet, me included. I am still primarily waiting for when you decide to tackle the arranger engine and add-ons, and try to achieve better than TOTL closed accompaniment (we can take it for a given that lead RH sounds are going to be a light year ahead of closed keyboards) from this keyboard.

I have said, almost from the beginning, that we were discussing a high level VSTi WS on an ARRANGER forum, and have never dissed its' abilities as a well integrated virtual studio. But the degree of integration to achieve TOTL closed arranger balance and quality of MUSICAL integration, and the level of expertize AND effort to do that when it isn't included OOTB is what I, and I believe a large number of members, am interested in. Although the VSTi and GIGA integration is well beyond what I can do in the studio with computers, I am still able to deliver what I want to do with what I have. But it still seems that even YOU, with your very advanced knowledge of these things can easily be confused by little 'gotchas' and easily misunderstood aspects of operation. And if YOU can get confused, what do you think 99% of those here will be?

I understand that many here are boggled by the basic VSTi and sampler quality of sounds, but the TRUE test of this thing for many of us will come when you get around to SERIOUSLY tackling the arranger engine and integration...