I've got nothing against the vArranger system, but personally, I'm looking for a pretty mature OOTB solution, something that basically, I connect to my BK-9, and the BK-9 controls the vArranger with no work on my behalf, and the vArranger plays my BK-9, and utilizes the BEST sounds, best kits, and does all the tweaking in the background.

Add to that, I'd really prefer it to be on a tactile surface, to make running it a snap, live (I honestly hate working with a laptop in a live environment) and would obviously prefer it be the iPad, as that is what Roland have decided on for their OWN apps for the BK-9. But any tactile surface device would be OK. Obviously, this limits the VSTi aspect quite a bit, but read on...

I heard some of the Ketron SD-2 vArranger demos, and thought they worked very well, but to be fair, you were playing Ketron styles into a Ketron! Not really what most of us are looking for. I imagine that the largest market would be someone with a PSR S950 wanting to play Roland and Korg styles, or someone with a BK-5 or -9, wanting to play Yamaha styles and Korg styles, with none of the conversion hassles and oddities that plague converted styles.

Add to that, obviously, I'm looking for something that allows me to play MODERN Korg and Yamaha styles, not just the legacy ones without the Mega Voices, and other modern features.

TBH, rather than a half baked 'do-it-all' scenario, if you want to develop any VSTi sounds to help it out, probably the FIRST place you need to start is VSTi equivalents of the Mega Voice, SA voice and things like Korg and Yamaha's guitar specific NTT's, so that vArranger can play the Parts that other manufacturer's sounds CAN'T. Then move on from there.

But, although the majority of your requests for your software is a 'do-it-all' solution, you do have to perhaps start to realize that few if any of them have any IDEA just how complicated and difficult what they want is. I'm sure, if more of them realized just what they are asking for, and how unlikely it is that you can pull it off and end up with something that that even equals a modern hardware arranger, let alone better it, and more of them might see the practicality of what I'm suggesting, for the time being.

Despite what some others are saying here, I am in NO WAY trying to throw roadblocks in your way, merely articulating a description of the 'roadblocks' that already exist, and perhaps suggest alternatives that I think are more easily achievable.

Perhaps, once the basic stuff is perfected, and made as easy to use and instant as the OOTB solutions in a keyboard arranger, then you would be in a better position to tackle the Everest of arrangers, the TOTALLY soft arranger from head to toe?