All these good points.

But, I think vArranger has a better chance, as it is already came a long way and Dan is actively developing and improving things.

Also, given that all new things start less impressive, of course for now it can not compete with close systems, but time will come. For example, a common one, five years ago there were not tablets - now more than half the ”gadget people” have one. We're talking maybe hundreds of million..... Progress.

I see no reason why software will NOT (LE) take over in arrangers just as it did in so many other areas. A matter of progress. And it will happen. If Dan with vArranger will be among the firsts, I can only be happy for him and encourage him in this direction.

As for sampling - I think this might be a little of extra headache, but by all means, Dan should continue. Or he could indeed contact one of the sound libraries producers (and there are so many, not only NI, IK or alike) and create a great partnership wich will introduce, in a big way, THE software arranger! Why not? It's been done before and it works. (...Most of the times!) It's all a matter of convincing them of the potential - which I believe is there.

Edited by adimatis (12/13/13 12:33 AM)