Originally Posted By: cgiles
Originally Posted By: DonM
To be really successful on a large scale, Wersi will most likely have to work on the OOTB package so there is more appeal to a vast market of users, not just the technophobes (and I use this term in a complimentary manner!)

Don, I'm sure you meant technoPHILES (not technophobes) here or perhaps cyberphiles or geeks smile . BTW, this type of mistake usually comes with advanced age smile smile .

chas

As our experts said, Wersi has 2 modes OOTB mode and PRO mode.

All demos are probably done in PRO mode.

But then i dont see a reason why OOTB mode would sound bad, the sound engine is Hypersonic 2, a top knotch product, a VST sample player also build into Cubase as its base soundsource. It supports everything you ever wanted from a sample player like legato play (Super articulation), It comes standard with 1.5 GB of soundsamples but i doubt if WERSi uses them as i think they want to use their own sample set with the typical Wersi sound.

Anyway, someone showed me today how easy OOTB mode works, and it sounds okay on an updated Abacus, but not spectacular, except for the organ sounds, those are absolutely the best.

Yamaha styles still play out of the box, and sound as good as on an S950, so nothing wrong there, and with a little tweaking it really rocked.

True, i am a technophile first and musician seccondary, but it seems the new OOTB system really is easy to get intoo, if you can handle an android device, you can handle this instrument in the easy OOTB mode.

So i got some answers today... but still got even more questions now...

http://keyszone.boards.net