Diki, some vArranger users are using vArranger to play all kind of styles with their existing arranger or workstation.

I have a mapping automatically done for many configurations.

It's not compatible with 100% of the styles, some will not sound good, but it is a workable solution, and can sound good for many styles, including new styles.

I am playing some yamaha styles on my Roland BK5, and it sounds great.

I usually improve the mapping every time a user report me a style who does not sound good, and this profit to many styles and to many people.

People can change the sounds of each track of the style, to use their synth instrument list (INS)

You can also decide for each track, witch midi synth will play it. up to 3 synth. can be hardware or software or VST or SoundFonts...

But.... this is a little bit for people who knows what they are doing.

I have today more demands for a 100% software arranger.

Most of people want something 100% software, plug & play.

And this is why I bend smile to this direction

I was like you not so happy with the software route, and started with the Ketron SD2, but after I see that it can be enough stable, fast and can sound very good, this changed my mind, and trust that I have something to do in this way.

So ... yes you can use vArranger with your BK9, and also software synth...

ps : I don't say that you have to buy vArranger. Probably not, as I am reading you smile

From my experience, some people are really enjoying the experience, and some are definitely not for software arrangers.

I never convince anyone to buy vArranger.

People are coming to me with their need, and I say, Yes, it's for you, or No it's not for you

Dan
https://www.varranger.com