Hi Tony.

Quote:
James,

Whatever happen to all the Lionstracs MS

Far as I know the Mediastation was discontinued when the Groove Series of keyboards came out, and they never sold in any great numbers just like the Mediastation before it I would imagine.

The X-R (rack unit) never made it to the market at all and only exists as a few prototypes units at this stage. Which is a shame because the prototypes are running a far better OS than the keyboards ever had.

Quote:
twas a great pity,it would have doubled up as a fan heater. Hell I nearly bought one I was only a cats whisker off Dom having my hard earned cash, hey and then I bought an Audya, graveyard comes to mind. Dom had a big pile of MS in boxes about 100 he posted a photo on SZ he must have sold them to someone, there are only two SZ'ers who still have them and not a squeak from them, hell I would have been embarrassed too, still a pity I think I could have been different.

I'm quite sure that anyone who has a Mediastation is most certainly not embarrassed. They are extremely advanced workstations and mighty powerful musical instruments.

The concept behind the keyboards was without doubt a noble one. The problem in my opinion was that there were no musicians and sound designers hired from day one to create content and post professional demo's. Instead we saw a never ending flow of unbelievably armature efforts recorded with a banana instead of a video camera and direct line audio. Dom then spent most of his time defending those than doing what was needed.

If the X-R had of made it to the market, it would have been the first product that came with premium content and was backed by musicians. I believed that this would have been the turning point for Lionstracs but sadly, it wasn't meant to be.

Regards
James