Originally Posted By: Bachus
Originally Posted By: Ensnareyou
Don,

The Wersi is already setup OOTB to do what any other arranger can do and more. Their control surface is excellent and the use of the touch screen, knobs, buttons, and sliders makes it very easy to operate. It's what sets Wersi apart from every other manufacturer that has tried to bring a PC based system to the masses. Only Korg came close with the Oasys but Korg castrated the Oasys by not making it open to third party software. Had Korg made the Oasys truly open as originally touted, I'd have kept mine.

The Wersi Sonic is a huge leap forward with OAS. The sheer CPU power under the hood compared to any other keyboard or arranger is staggering. If Music Store updates the sound library with more sounds and integrates additional VST's as stock, it will be a monster synthesizer/arranger/workstation. I can't wait to see the final specs and hear the finished product.

i heared an abacus today with oas 7.46 which according to the website of wersi is the latest oas.

Are you telling me that the oas of the sonic is a totally new version not available for other oas instruments?

HI Bachus

The only commonality between the Pegasus Wing OS and OAS7 OS is they can play the same styles, everything else is totally different, that is why options and sound packs for OAS 7 cannot be used directly in the Pegasus Wing (And vice versa) without re-coding to suit the Pegasus Wing OS.

The Sonic again uses a totally new version of OAS which has no connection with OAS7 or the Pegasus Wing OS, apart from being able to play the same styles. (Not sure about Yamaha compatibility though)

The main hardware (Not the computer hardware which is standard PC) of Pegasus Wing, OAS7 and Sonic are also completely different.

Pegasus Wing is an OOTB instrument, and the Sonic in standard mode should be, however OAS7 is not an OOTB experience (Although this is improving with each new update) it just gives you basic setups which you customise yourself. (Exceptions are the option sound and style packs which are set up for OOTB) It’s also the reason that Wersi Direct ships its Songbook software (OTS Song settings) with all new OAS7 instruments so that it can be used OOTB by less experienced users.

Hope this clarifies things

Bill