I said my piece about soft arrangers a long time ago, and nothing in the intervening years has changed my opinion.

We ALL play arrangers for one primary reason... convenience.

You can do the same thing or better with many different things, WS's, computers, keyboards and modules, etc.. But nothing comes even CLOSE to the instant gratification and ease of use of the modern hardware arranger. The soundsets are balanced, the styles are balanced, the effects are balanced, and it's all wrapped up in a shell that is easy to use and affordable.

Nothing could be further from this than the all software arranger. Yes, if you have the technical and musical skills, you CAN probably end up with something noticeably better sounding than a hardware arranger. But it's going to cost you a FORTUNE, and take up your every waking moment for months, probably years! It's going to involve multiple computers (it has already been alluded to that many of the best sounding soft synths and libraries have CPU requirements that can choke even the best modern CPU's) and a very technical command of programming.

Now, let's be REALISTIC... How many of us have the entire skill-set to pull all of this off? I would hesitate to say ANY of us, from what I have heard, so far. Sure, you get one of Wersi's top demonstrators, probably with considerable technical help from the factory, and he can pull of a demonstration of what you COULD do with one of these wünderkind behemoths with price tags that make the T5 sound like a cheap PSR!

Now, back to reality... How many of US could do that? Sure haven't heard a single USER demo of a Wersi sound remotely as impressive. In fact, most are quite excremental, poorly played and balanced, and certainly not a good representation of what you COULD do if you had $20,000 to drop. Or actually, maybe it IS... Let's face it, if buying a Wersi made you sound that good, the web and this forum would be bursting with demos that put our Roland's and Korg's and Yamaha's to shame.

But it isn't. They don't.

QED.