Ian,

Wersi's specifications aren't what their OAS instruments can "allegedly do", it's what they can actually do. Considering your constant negativity of nearly all brands but your beloved Yamaha, you'd certainly question whether a Ferrari 458 Spider has nearly 600 HP and can go 200 MPH. With that kind of attitude I'm certain even if a mate of yours owned one they'd never offer you a ride.

It behooves you to constantly profess Yamaha as the panacea and other brands inferior simply because you haven't seen or played them all. Still there's no shortage of snide quips, inaccuracies, and baiting from you in an attempt to lessen other brands.

Call me foolish but I'm the type to actually try a product be it an arranger keyboard or a sports car before I can conclude it's not as specified. In some instances specifications can tell a story, such as the Tyros 5 lacking loop and record features for audio styles and a Voice Creator, or a Ferrari 458 being infinitely faster than a VW Beetle. Specifications aren't the end all be all but they are a good basis to make some judgments from.

Most manufacturers, including Yamaha, will usually tout specifications of what a product can do so they can market it to those that want to know and make informed purchase decisions. While not always true, if specifications aren't given about particular features, chances are the product can't or doesn't have those features. The Tyros 5 can't host VST's, doesn't offer 24 Bit 96K recording, doesn't have a large touch screen, doesn't have 16 real drawbars, doesn't support up to 32GB of sample RAM, doesn't offer full synthesis capabilities with real time controls, and can't play audio and sample files from nearly every current file format. If it could, you can be assured Yamaha would have listed that in their specifications and sales brochure.

Why not take the time and make the effort to personally see a particular brand in person before slagging it? If you're unwilling to do so, why not do the prudent thing and zip your mouth shut rather than spew unfounded rhetoric. You'd be doing the Synthzone community a service rather than disservice.