Dom had a great concept that sadly he decided to pull the plug on. Where the Mediastation failed was the lack of factory sounds and that the user interface was nowhere near as intuitive as the Wersi or Korg Oasys. I tried to convince Dom to work with a third party VST company to offer an OOTB experience that would have been fantastic. I don't think he wanted to incur the licensing fees to do so. By the time he realized better OOTB sounds and styles were needed, the Mediastation had already been slagged by people who never laid hands on one. That hindered the Mediastations sales and ultimately forced Dom's decision to pull the plug on keyboard manufacturing.

Sonically the Mediastation had more dynamic range than my Oasys and Wersi and that's impressive. It really did sound great playing back Giga files. Fran can attest to this.

I had no problems running the Mediastation but an old codger not familiar with VST's or computer software integration would. Still the interface and software updates needed to make it more intuitive never happened.

Dom is a very smart businessman and if my hunch is correct, he sold the Mediastation concept or licensed it to one of the big three to expand further upon and market. Don't be surprised if you see a similar concept marketed by Roland or Yamaha in the near future that's just the Mediastation enhanced and repackaged. I don't think Korg would have purchased it because they already had the Oasys platform to build upon. The Kronos was born from the Oasys.

Time will tell if the Mediastation sees new life from other companies. Dom certainly couldn't say due to non disclosure agreements. Yamaha has benefitted greatly from visionaries in the past, John Chowning and Dave Smith to name but a few. Nearly every Yamaha product after 1983 utilized technology from these two men.