Originally Posted By: abacus
Hi Bachus

If you look at the final specification of the Sonic here you will find as well as getting a 13" screen, it can run 16 VSTi & Effects simultaneously. (although I would assume only in expert mode, with the 4 limitation being for the less experienced users)

Bill

Thank you for the link, its obvious that they are still improving the oas system. Not only 16 vsts plus effects, but also you can use the vst effects on the standard wersi instruments. And i agree with you that the 13" touchscreen on the sonic just looks devine.

Is it still possible to use any Yamaha style out of the box on OAS?
Does the native sound system have something comaparable to SA2? (because the native soundsystem is what powers the styles, and for an arranger the most important part of sounding good, is its style section, thats what defines an arranger. And to make those styles sound more dynamic and reallive SA2 or DNC sounds or whatever you call it isa requirement these days)

With the vst improvements you can actually have any high quallity sound possible on your Oas instrument. Just wondering how you bind real time controll to the vst settings, can i assign drawbars to vst instrument knobs/parameters or is it only possible to controll them over the screen? Or can i use an external midi device with knobs to directly controll the parameters on the OAS instrument?

I have allways been interested in wersi, but due to its high prices i never got to own one. But if they ever release a new abacus pro with an attachable 2nd keyboard 76 keys.

I actually am happy wersi is making this come back and hoping that music store can give the brand the marketing it needs, because wersi has a huge advantage on all other major brands now its OAS is finally becomming rockstable and extremely user friendly, and still gaining more features.

Edited by Bachus (11/23/13 07:35 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net