Bachus,

The advantage of a Wersi is being able to set it up and utilize whatever features you want or need and not be stuck with what you don't want. The factory sounds are great but if you want to take it to the ultimate level, load Kontakt, Omnisphere, or East West VST's in and be done with it. You can use an external ccontroller as well as the onboard Wersi controls and touch screen to adjust VST parameters but you'd need to set that up. For some sound options such as organ expansions Wersi has already set these parameters up for you to make it easier.

Personally I rarely use factory styles unless I'm fleshing out a song for the first time. I find most any arranger styles atrocious no matter what manufacturer be it Yamaha, Korg, Roland, etc.. Wersi is no exception.

You can use Yamaha styles directly with OAA but to get the most out of them you'd still want to set up which sounds they'll play back to sound their best. The same would be true if you converted a Korg style to a Yamaha product.

Music Store is making great strides in updating an already spectacular instrument. The Sonic is pushing the limits of what's available today.

I'd love to see Music Store work with NI, Omnisphere, or East West to directly integrate their VST's so they could make it the best OOTB experience anyone has ever heard. There simply isnt any other arranger that can compete with this technology.

Another thing I'd like to see is a fully integrated audio recorder with at least 64 tracks. The integrated recorder they have now is too limited in tracks. I can of course load a program that has more features but a fully integrated system is more beneficial.

Edited by Ensnareyou (11/23/13 08:20 AM)