Easy enough to put a second manual and a set of pedals on any TOTL, or MOTL arranger, and still have a full functioning organ for a fraction of the price of a Wersi, Bill.

But then compare that with an Abacus Duo with pedals, and ask yourself why it is at least $6000 more than that..?

To me, at least, the only reason for a soft arranger is to be able to play non-native styles to whatever you already have. In fact, I think Dan really ought to concentrate on that end of things, make templates that allow the arranger codes from each main arranger manufacturer to control it, and have it as an ADD-ON to someone who already has a decent arranger, but wants to up some up the basic sounds to VSTi's, and play non-native styles without having to jump through hoops.

But you are still up against it unless all you want to do is play old legacy styles. Yamaha's Mega voice system, and SA voices in styles, Korg's Guitar Mode and NTT's, these are what make modern Yamaha's and Korg's so great. If the latest stuff from the latest arrangers doesn't have either the software player to play them, or the soundset that responds the same way, newer styles are just going to fare really poorly.

I really don't know why this hoary old arguments keep getting trotted out every year or two. Nothing has changed. Soft arrangers and VSTi's trail the latest arranger technology (as soon as something is made 'soft', the arranger makers put something newer on their keyboards, usually sooner!) and probably always will.

Until someone posts demos of a product that you can buy, open the box, and start playing IMMEDIATELY and sound as good as a TOTL arranger, it's always going to be an also ran. If it involves buying something three or four times as expensive, you might as well forget it!