I am one of the SZ guys that still own the MS..It is far from being an embarassment..
The way I use the MS...it works flawlessly and performs better than any other on the market....namely..I use the interface with Native Instruments B4....and a Steinway Giga sample that covers piano as well as any other piano sound.. I also have some go to sounds like Lionstracs sampled saxes, and brass..there are also real drums for drum kits (for laying down tracks)..

The strength of the MS is Combo mode ..sets up 8 individual samples , VST's etc in any configuration with sliders that control the mix...
The media player is as good as it gets...dual player that performs well...

In a nutschell..these are the things I use on the MS...

The weakness is the arranger play that was never developed to compete with ..say a G70...not that the Qarranger could not do a great job...The VST bank of sounds needed to be developed..for arranger styles....and some bugs (quirks) like on other arrangers too..

OS stability was okay in the later releases...and to be honest.. good enough to set up the MS in the future the way you want...Linux is still moving ahead, and all these programs work well with the MS..

The quality keybed and hardware is high quality and durable..key feel one of the best..

Boot up time about a minute...probably better than Korg..

The short comings of the arranger play never bothered me...since I prefer a more limited use of style play than most here..

Resale value doesn't exist...There are not many candidates to buy a MS..It take computer litercy and musicianship to own and operate the MS...at a level that is not found easily on SZ...In fact I don't have a single friend that could handle the MS......Here on SZ, there was Richard,James and Lee....that is a short list..

When you think about how many master their arranger keyboard and use all the features...you can understand why there is no resale mrket for the MS....
I do test the waters to see if there is any interest, but it is so small..It is wiser to continue using the MS in a way that still tops most boards....My Way!!!