Bachus,

Welcome to the world of high end boutique instruments. Most manufacturers will announce a product, take preorders, yet not do a production run until enough units are pre sold. In some instances if enough orders aren't received, it goes into a holding pattern or never comes to fruition. I don't think that's the case with the Sonic. Music Store seems quite solvent and they've spent countless hours on R&D for the Sonic. I think they're just trying to get it all ironed out rather than put it on the market prematurely.

Many companies release products to market early to try and recover R&D costs and use the consumer as a beta tester. Unbeknownst to the consumer of course. Wersi generally doesn't release software or products until the platform is quite solid. Given their target consumer are elderly buyers who aren't tech savvy, using them as beta testers would be detrimental to sales. Wersi chooses to error on the side of caution and hold back software releases until they are near bug free which I commend them on.