Diki,

You clearly haven't played an OAS7 instrument otherwise you wouldn't have concluded what you have. What separates Wersi from a computer based system running softsynths is the way in which the interface acts like any other arranger or workstation. Yes you can delve deep loading in VST's and third party programs if you want to, but that isn't necessary. Out of the box OAS acts like any other arranger. Wersi spent years working on integrating the control surface, real time controls, and touch screen so that anyone can operate their products. After all, their target audience are the elderly who have lots of expendable cash but aren't technically savvy. If the Wersi were difficult to use, it would be a tough sell at $2k let alone $50k. There doesn't seem to be any shortage of users except here in the USA.

Unlike companies such as Neko, Music Computing, Lionstracs, and others who basically threw a PC into a keyboard case, loaded a few VST's, then marketed the product as an OOTB experience but are so convoluted you'd need an engineering degree to decipher them, Wersi actually thought this through. They've spent years doing research, updating software, and getting real world feedback from users which shows in the end product.

While having a PC running various VST's can sonically outperform any hardware arranger or workstation, they aren't intuitive, take up huge amounts of RAM and CPU power, and will cause the average user to pull their hair out trying to integrate it all. What Wersi has done is provided a happy medium between hardware arranger and full blown PC based arranger/workstation. The Sonic takes OAS to a new level but still keeps certain things reigned in so as to be easy to use. Sonic's Expert mode will allow users to utilize it as if it were a straight computer based PC system but I wouldn't recommend anyone do that unless they're highly skilled with PC's, software integration, and external hardware. As you've ascertained, few people have that capability but it does exist inside the Wersi if they feel so inclined to go that route.

I definitely agree most demos by users are often poorly played, poorly recorded and mixed, and rarely show the true power of the instrument be it hardware based or open architecture. The majority of people who buy TOTL arrangers aren't professionals, they're home hobbyists. I do wish Wersi would make professional quality demos but for some reason they don't seem to care what users across the pond think. I guess the sales here are so low as to be inconsequential to them.