I complained about the SD9 NOT being able to play 3rd party styles created on the Audya, especially since the SD9 was the follow up on the Audya series. The following will clear all misunderstanding.

Originally Posted By Ketron_AJ
Henni,

Please advise those you know who have tried using the style converter on the SD9 Pro and experienced abnormalities with this and any other functions .... if they bought their SD9 Pro with OS 1.0.0, they MUST first install OS 1.0.1 (as is clearly mentioned on our website) BEFORE installing OS 1.0.2. My guess is they possibly had OS 1.0.0 in their units, skipped updating with OS 1.0.1 (which has crucial updates not repeated in OS 1.0.2) and updated directly to OS 1.0.2 (which has updates not found in OS 1.0.1 either).

Also I'll state this again. The SD-series is NOT the AUDYA series and is not the flagship (else it would have been in our brochures as we've usually done e.g SD1, AUDYA). The SD9 Pro is also built on a totally newer platform than the AUDYA and so compatibility could sometimes be problematic. If you do convert a style from AUDYA to SD9 Pro, do not forget to also bring on board the Audio resources and name them appropriately ..... in AUDYA, styles are named xxx@120.wav, in the SD9 Pro, you need to create a folder with the style name and BPM (e.g. POP 112), then in this folder, put in all 18 or 22 (for styles with 8 variation parts) audio files associated with the style (ARR A.wav, ARR B.wav ...etc) ).

Hope this clarifies this.

Thanks,

Originally Posted By Ketron_AJ
Henni

I now understand. The SD9 Pro is the professional version of the SD series and in a unique class of it's own. That's like BMW just releasing the X1. It's newer and technologically more advanced than their X5 and X3 in some ways, but built for a "different" kind of customer. It doesn't however replace their X5?

Ketron's SD9 Pro is for those who want a professional product without all the in depth "editors and menus" usually associated with one ...one that sounds professional out of the box, a product you can purchase at 3pm and be gigging with at 6pm that same day.

Thanks,