Originally Posted By: markmorgan10
Hi all.
I have a Ketron Audsys 5 which I bought to

1) Make backing tracks using the keyboard
2) Connect a mic and overdub vocals.

But it seems to be incredibly difficult to do so.
I have followed the instructions to the letter (select overdub mode, give name to file etc) but when it comes to pressing user button 5 to start recording, I press it and nothing...
Now I can get recording started by first pressing MENU and then f5 but this just starts a normal recording.
Whats worse - is if I try this and then start my backing track, then overdub, it seems to record (and post process) but the file afterwards is wildly out of sync. Like 2 secs between the backing track and the mic.
Ive tried several methods - all to no avail, so would genuinely appreciate any help here.
thanks
Mark.

Originally Posted By: Ketron_AJ
Been swamped with trying to complete the new SUPER STYLES so please excuse my delay .....

In order to over dub, you have to record the first track (as a wave file) by doing the following:-

* Press MENU
* AUDIO RECORDING
* Select recording format (wave)
* Press RECORD button to engage recorder.
* Set keyboard up (styles, voice .. etc) and press RECORD (U5/10) to actually start recording.
* When done, press STOP REC (U4/9).
* Press EXIT to return to default screen.
* Recording will be saved in WAVE folder as e.g. TEST1.Wav

TO OVER DUB (using the above wave file, or any other audio file):-
* Press MENU
* AUDIO RECORDING
* MIXDOWN (F4)
* Now select TEST1.WAV (which is what you just recorded) as this is what you want to record WITH.
* Press START RECORD (U5/10) when you are ready to start recording.
* Press ENTER (with TEST1.wav highlighted) whenever you want the previous track to start playing.
* AUDYA will now start recording (both the previous TEST1.WAV track AND what you are currently playing.
* When done, press STOP REC (U4/9).
* "Post Processing Record" will displayed for a short time as the new wave file is created (made up of the previous recording and what you just played. (TEST2.wav)
* To record again, repeat the OVER DUB process above, and use TEST.2 ... and so on.

Thanks,

AJ