Originally Posted By: Robbo
I was transferring Henni's wonderful Style Packages using my mac pro. as in i see the directory user style files. and I drag and drop the new files into section folk. and now my Audya (original), is quite unruly the tabs don't do what they should i cant see any of the files, sometimes I can, but it's a lottery.

How do I format the drive and run the latest OS 5a on to the Audya, so I am back to scratch? Also is using the mac not a recommended thing to do, is there something re the not seeing hidden files and so on?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Robbo

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
Formatting the drive is a last resort and before you do you must make sure you either have restore disks from your distributor or a full clean back up.

The Mac should be able to do everything a PC can with regards to moving files around, except the Mac leaves rubbish everywhere it goes! They are dirty devices.

The reason you can't see your MP3 files is likely because your mac has probably converted them for use in Itunes and they are pretty much unplayable on anything else.

If you are going to get PC - I would recommend a ThinkPad T or X series, they are rock solid and designed to work. I wouldn't trust my data on anything else. If your after a used one, a T61 is a super unit (and will runs Windows XP or 7 Easily - Vista is yukky, avoid it) you should pick one up for under £150, otherwise an X60 or X60s for the same price but much smaller and lighter (but no built in CD/DVD drive)

If I were you i would run the checksum tests before you do anything and clean out all the rubbish your mac has left all over the place!