Originally Posted By: frankieve
AJ, has demoed the new OS4 styles and sounds to me.

He has done a very nice job, styles are even more open sounding than before, a very good use of new samples on saxs trumpets.

Sounds actually have names to remember them by.

Originally Posted By: frankieve
Let me elaborate,

Basically there are new loops and new samples, then some new styles, but basically just about all of the styles were re-worked, re-mixed, and new loops and samples integrated.

The use of the "Program" banks are no longer just quick thrown together presets with some changes, they are well worked programs, some incredible winners with real names, others are ok.

The update process takes a total of almost 2 hours, yes it probably could have taken a half an hour with USB 2.

Tony, AJ and I have had discussions on why Prefer certain parts of the Korg and Yamaha line-up, so I guess he was trying to make the gap smaller.

He has worked on allot of the samples and programming himself.

I understand the frustration from the owners who have or are having issues with thier keyboards, but a new OS or new sounds shouldn't cause this much aggravation.

Basically Yamaha releases new sounds, but does not announce it, so when they come out it;s a bonus, Korg has released new sounds once, and only a couple of months in advance, yet no complaints. I have been using my Audya since the day it came into the US, a update with new sounds and styles would be great, can I still gig without the new sounds and styles, of course. Just My opinion