Originally Posted By: Snoopy
Hi Henni,

good to hear that you could fix most of your problems.

But, as mentioned in "my" SSD-thread, ANYTHING can fail. A ssd the same way like an hd.

On the other hand you learned something :

1st : ONE BACKUP is at least 2 too less

2nd : One backup each month is not enough, if you WORK with your machine ( no matter if pc or keyboard ) you should do a backup at least once a week, maybe once a day wink

3rd : Have your hd checked ( windows scandisk or similar ) at least once a month

4th : You know, but for anyone else : Do NEVER, NEVER unplug your Audya from the pc without the "unplug hardware-device" ( I hope itīs correctly translated from the german version ) feature from windows !

5th : Better you never plug you Audya to an Apple-device laugh

Ooops, ... I should make a backup right now ...

Originally Posted By: Henni
Hi everyone,

...this is what I intend to do:

I'll no longer clutter my main SSD with all private stuff. I'll get myself the smallest size biggest capacity USB stick I can find and put all my extra styles, MP3s, Midis and back up registration files on that, exactly like I did with my Yamaha.

I was going through all my extra styles on my HD one by one when it stopped working. I'll not go that route again, I'm rather sensitive now & the memory of that still haunts me. So if my USB stick fails because of all the reading off it, no big deal, as I'll have it contents backed up.

There is absolutely no use in backing up the Ajamsonic SSD as AJ informed me that some of the info are embedded into the SSD or HD itself & cannot be copied in any way at all. So it also cannot be restored onto another drive should the SSD fail again. Hopefully, my drive WILL NOT fail again.

Yes, there's a price to pay for having the Ajamsonic stuff on board, but in my opinion the results are worth it all. AJ really fixed a lot of the style timing issues (I know, because I can now hear those again) and his styles are arranged very professionally to say the least...

Keep well all my friends,

Henni