Originally Posted By: Diki
It occurred to me, as you can't drop Markers into MP3 or .Wav files (or at least, no current arranger can see them), you could use the key triggered audio loops (or audio multipads) as a substitute.

If you take a whole MP3 file, and chop it up into intro, verse, chorus, bridge, etc., and then assign them to keys, because they stay in sync (basically, you ask for a loop to start, the arranger waits until the 'one' to bring it in) you can now completely restructure an accompaniment audio file.

So let's say you have a tune with a solo section, split it off from the main song so you have a three part file (beginning, solo, ending) and start the song... now, when the solo is due, hit the key for the solo section, and now it will loop around as many times as you want, and you can go back to the regular ending whenever you feel like it. Cool!

I am unsure about Ketron, but Roland's have a limitation that only one loop can play at a time. However, in this context, it is not a limitation... Let's say you put the entire MP3 as the first loop. Now, you can just leave it alone and you'll get the entire song, in its usual format. But if you also have the other sections of the song ready to go on other keys, if you choose, you can jump to them (or back to them) at any time.

This is very much like having Markers in SMF's, except finally, you can do it to MP3's and .Wav's and them still be in sync.

Sounds fun!

Originally Posted By: Henni
For instance:

1. Playing the original intro before starting the arranger.
2. Playing a specific drum recording.
3. Playing a complex solo section at a certain place

to name but a few possibilities.

Keep well all my friends,

Henni