Originally Posted By: hbinfo2001
Now I try to read the manual how to copy the HD to my Pc but I have a hard time with this manual.Is there a better way. i have Window7 (64bits)

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
ok, its going to take a while so do it in stages over a few evenings to prevent problems. honestly its going to take many hours due to the Audyas USB interface (this is the only time you will be bothered by its slow data transfer rate)

first of all you need to make all files and folders visible from your computer - otherwise you will miss out a big chunk of stuff. just google "how to make all files and folders visible".

Then make a new folder on your computer and call it "Audya Back Up_date" (put the date in so you remember when you last updated it.)

Then connect a USB cable (printer type with one spade and one square plug) to the rear of the audya and your PC

Then open two windows on your desktop, one showing the contents of the audya, one showing the so far empty contents of your new backup folder.

copy all the 'files' in Audya's root directory to the new folders, then one folder at a time (dont touch the 'system' folder yet) copy the Audya folders over to you new backup folder. DJ loops and sfx are going to take a long time.

once thats done make a new folder in your backup folder called 'system' and enter it. On the audya enter the opaque 'system' folder so you can see the contents. Now copy, one folder at a time each Audya folders over to you new 'system' folder on your computer. This is going to take some time.

This method will help prevent cyclic redundancy errors. If you do get an error then disconnect the audya, and delete the folder on your pc that was being copied at the time. Trying to copy the entire hard drive in one go will definitely give you problems.

Lastly - if you don't fancy doing the above your retailer can order a system restore disk from ketron which includes all the data minus the 2011 update which must be applied after doing the system restore.