Loc: South Africa
Originally Posted By: Ketron_AJ
One of our customers wanted a basic ENGLISH manual for AUDYA and so we came up with this ... and thought I should share with all....... >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
1. SELECTING LEAD (RIGHT HAND) SOUNDS ON AUDYA a. To select a sound, first press the sound group from which the sounds resides … e.g. if looking for a piano, press the PIANO button. b. Then use the F1 – F10 buttons located at the side of the screen to select the piano you want. If you can’t find the right piano, press the PIANO button once more or turn the data wheel clockwise to display the next page of pianos – then make your selection using F1-F10 buttons to the side of the screen.
2. ADDING AN ADDITIONAL VOICE TO THE LEAD VOICE (2nd VOICE). a. Each lead voice can be accompanied by an additional 2nd voice (usually strings or whatever you want). b. First of all select the main lead voice as mentioned above in . c. Press EXIT to return to the default screen d. Now press the 2nd voice button to turn it on. As you play, you will notice an additional voice has been selected. You can adjust its volume independently by moving up/down the 2nd voice volume slider (on the left side of the panel). e. If you want to change the 2nd voice (a new voice to use with the current lead voice) i. Press EXIT until you are back in the main screen. ii. Press F7 (which points to the 2nd voice on the screen). iii. Display will now show the group from where the current 2nd voice resides. iv. Use the voice group buttons (PIANO, CHROM, ORGAN … etc) to select the group where you think the 2nd voice you want resides – so if you want to have the 2nd voice be an organ, you will press the ORGAN button – then using the F1-F10, select which organ voice you want. Again, if you do not see the voice you are looking for, press the voice group button (in this case ORGAN) to display the other pages of organ voices, then select your organ voice using F1-F10 on the side of the screen).
3. SELECTING LAYERED VOICES (1, 2 or 3 voices that have been LAYEYERD or SPLIT AUTOMATICALLY FOR YOU) – PROGRAM! a. There are voices that have been grouped for you with the AJAMSONIC package you just purchased and these reside in the PROGRAM location on the AUDYA. b. Press the PROGRAM Button (located on the right side with the voice groups). It should turn on. c. From now on, so long as the PROGRAM button is lit (on), then any voice selection you make will be a selection of voices layered together or with an internal split …(e.g. Bass left and piano right – and such will be denoted by the name of the voice on the screen … e.g. in this example Piano and Bass). d. With the PROGRAM button on, now press any of the voice groups (e.g. PIANO) to access layered strings. Notice the names of the instruments displayed on the screen now such as F10 [A BASS& LA PIANO] – which means BASS and PIANO – BASS on left hand and PIANO on right. e. Using F1-F10 (screen side buttons), select the layered or split lead voice you want to use and play it. f. To return to the FACTORY Single voices (Sax, Piano… etc), simply turn off the PROGRAM button by pressing it once more (it should not lit up).
4. PLAYING WITH STYLES a. Your Audya is now loaded with the AJAMSONIC upgrade kit and so you have over 1200 styles in your machine to choose form and use. b. To play FACTORY KETRON styles, i. Press any of the style group buttons (BALLAD, POP, COUNTRY … etc) depending on the style you are looking for. So in this example press the POP button. ii. The screen will display the first page of 10 pop styles. Use F1-F10 on the screen’s side to select which style you want. If you cannot find it, simply press the POP button again or turn the wheel to move to the next page of 10 more POP styles and make your selection. iii. Test the style by pressing the red START button. Drums will start immediately, however … you can also start the style in a ‘musically correct’ way, by 1. Pressing the KEY START Button below the screen panel (it should turn on) – which means the keyboard will start playing with full bass and backings when you press a chord with your left hand. If you want to start with an intro, now would be the time to press any of the Intro buttons (1-3) then play a chord with your left hand. c. To play the AJAMSONIC styles, i. Press the USER STYLE button. Once this is on, any style selection will no longer be factory but the additional styles added to your AUDYA. ii. With the user style on, selection is similar to selecting a Factory style above … simply select the style group (e.g. SWING) and then select the style you want from the screen using the F1-F10 buttons. Again, if you need more SWING styles, press the SWING button once more to move to the next page of swing styles … or turn the data wheel clockwise. If you want to return to selecting FACTORY styles, you must press the USER STYLE button once more to turn it OFF!
5. PLAYING LEFT HAND PIANO i. As you requested, if you want to have a PIANO only playing on your left hand, proceed as follows:- 1. Press EXIT to return to the default screen as always. 2. Turn on the LEFT button (found on the left side of the panel) to activate the left voice. It will turn on flashing (edit mode – giving you the chance to change the left voice if you want). Since you want it to remain as Piano (Default), press the LEFT button once more and it should now remain on (NOT FLASHING ANYMORE). 3. Make sure the LEFT volume slider is all the way up so you can hear the left voice. 4. Make sure the LOWERS volume slider is all the way DOWN – so you do not hear the additional left voices associated with the style!! This should be up only if you are playing a style and want to hear (e.g. strings, Elec. Piano ... etc) on the left side in addition to your left PIANO voice. So … you can have 3 voices playing together on the left – piano plus the 2 lowers!
6. PLAYING FULL KEYBOARD AND HAVING THE STYLE/ARRANGER FOLLOW YOU – PIANIST MODE a. Many pianist choose this mode, that is play the keyboard as a piano and while playing styles, the arranger follows them. To play this way – b. Press the PIANIST button to the left side of the panel and it should light up. c. In this mode if you play chords with left or/and right hand, they will all trigger the arranger. Take note however that due to complex chords that can be produced in this mode, the arranger may sometimes be slow to respond to chords and so you will have to do the following:- i. SET UP THE CHORD MODE = FINGERED1 (for fast chord response). 1. Press EXIT to return to default screen. 2. Press the STYLE MODE button (next to F2) 3. F9 points to the current chord mode (EASY 2). Press F9 to select the chord mode. 4. Turn the data wheel and change the chord mode to FINGER1
ii. SET UP THE PIANIST MODE = AUTO 1. Press EXIT to return to the default screen (unless you are already in STYLE MODE from above). 2. Press the STYLE MODE button (next to F2) to display the style mode (skip this if you are already in style mode from above) 3. F3 points to PIANIST/BASSIST MODE so press F3 to highlight it. 4. Turn the data wheel and set this to AUTO 5. If you use your foot switch and press the sustain pedal (#6), the arranger will only change chords when the sustain pedal is released. This way, you can play a chord, press the sustain to ‘freeze/lock’ the chord in while you play and solo over the note – just as you do on a real piano!! iii. To save all these settings so you do not have to re-program them each time the keyboard is turned on, Press EXIT to return to the default screen – press SAVE and press CUSTOM START UP (F6) to save these settings.
7. PLAYING WITH THE MICROPHONE AND ADDING HARMONIES TO YOUR VOICE WITH THE VOCALIZER a. As I told you, you have a built in mic processor and vocalizer in your AUDYA. To use this well, b. Plug a mic into the MIC input #1 on the back. c. Adjust the gain of Mic 1 so that the wheel is turned ½ way – the fastest way to do this is turn the gain knob all the way, then turn it the opposite direction ONCE. d. Press the MICO button (below the VOICETRON logo) to the right side of the panel to turn on the MIC. You can edit the various mic effects (REVERB, CHORUS … etc) by pressing down the MICRO button for 3 seconds and adjusting the mic parameters displayed on the screen. You can adjust the volume of the mic by using the volume slider directly below the MICRO button. e. To hear harmonies, you will have to turn on the VOCALIZER by pressing the VOCALIZER button (next to the MICRO button on the panel). f. You can trigger (control the vocalzier either by the chords you play on the right side of the keyboard, left side of the keyboard, full keyboard (PIANIST) or using a Midi file (freeing you up to play freely.
CONTROLLING VOCALIZER/HARMONIES WITH LEFT OR RIGHT Keys 1. Press and hold down the VOCALIZER button to access its editable parameters. 2. F1 – F10 on the screen shows you some VOCALIZER presets already. a. RIGHT HAND VOC is the only setting programmed to be trigged by what you play on the right. All the other settings are programmed to be triggered by what you play on the left so select accordingly. If you want to play as a PIANIST (and what the vocalizer to follow you throughout as you play – regardless of left or right hand, select RIGHT HAND VOC (most likely your choice – which happens to be the default setting) by pressing F1 – RIGH HAND VOC. b. STANDARD TRIO …etc are all programmed to be trigged by the left hand, especially if playing with a style. This frees up your right hand to play melody lines and the vocalizer won’t be jumping all over the place and confused with multiple notes! 3. Select using F1-F10 the setting you want and play.
8. PREPARING YOUR KEYBOARD FOR A SONG and SAVING AS A REGISTRATION. a. Using all you have learned above, set the keyboard up for a song you want to play. b. Next press the SAVE button. The screen will display options you can save. c. Press F1 (REGISTRATION) as you want to save/create a REGISTRATION. d. AUDYA will display a box at the bottom of the screen with a default name “REGIS” or the name of the registration you just created. e. Above the keys of the keyboard are letters, numbers and symbols you can use to name your registration. f. Press the Key with the above it to erase the characters in the name box – then name the registration (give it your song name). g. Press the button 5/10 below the right corner of the screen (SAVE) to save your registration. h. Press EXIT and repeat all the above to set up your next song.
9. RECALLING YOUR REGISTRAITONS AT A SHOW/GIGG a. Now that you have all your songs set up just the way you want, you can instantly recall them at a show b. Simply press the REIGSTRATION button (it should turn on). c. Turn the wheel and scroll through all your song settings and highlight the one you want to load. d. Press ENTER to load it. e. Play and that’s it.
10. HOW TO MODIFY AN EXISTING REGISTRATION a. Say you want to make a change to an existing song set up (REGISTRATION) without having to create an entirely new one. b. Load the registration as mentioned above c. Play and make your changes (e.g. change the lead voice from Piano to Sax). d. When satisfied with the modification, press the SAVE button once more e. Press F1 (REGISTRAITON) to display the save and naming option for the Registration. f. The name in the box below the screen should be the name of the registration you just loaded. Since you do not want to change this name and create a NEW REGISTRATION, simply press the USER 5/10 button below the screen on the right side (SAVE) and the next screen will tell you this file already exists (of course it does as it has the same name). Do you want to over write? Press ENTER to over-write it. Your new setting will be saved into the old registration.
11. HOW DO DELETE/RENAME A REGISTRATION FILE (ENTRY) a. To rename or delete a registration, you are now dealing with the registration file and not the contents of the registration so you will have to go to the DISK mode to do these. b. Press EXIT until you are back in your default screen. c. Press DISK to access the disk drive. d. Turn the wheel to highlight the REGISTRAION folder and press ENTER to display its contents. e. Turn the wheel to highlight the SINGLE folder (as you want to deal with individual registrations and not the entire block) and press ENTER to display the contents of this folder. Here lie all your registrations (displayed on the next screen). f. Now since you want to perform DISK operations (Delete, Copy, Rename … etc) you have to set the AUDYA up in this mode by pressing the user 5/10 button below the bottom right corner of the screen (DISK MENU) to display the disk menu along F1-F10 – the side of the screen. g. Turn the data wheel to highlight the registration file you want to work on (delete or rename or ….) h. Press ENTER to select this file. A blue dot (.) will appear next to the file denoting it has been selected and ready for action. i. Press DELETE (F2) to delete the file and confirm by pressing EXECUTE (5/10) below the screen…. If you want to delete the file. ii. Press RENAME (F4) to rename the file and enter in the new name using the keybed on the next screen. When done, press EXECUTE (5/10) below the screen to rename the file. iii. Press COPY (F1) or MOVE (F3) if you want to copy the file (and leave a copy in this folder) or move the file (to a new location and delete if from this folder). iv. Press DISK to turn off the DISK once done.
12. PLAYING THE BONUS SONGS IN YOUR NEW AUDYA AJAMSONIC Tons of songs (Jazz, Swings, Ballads ... etc) where installed in your keyboard which you can play during the break. You can access them as follows. a. PLAYING MP3 i. Press the MP3 button in the PLAYER section of AUDYA to access the MP3 folder of AUDYA ii. Turn the wheel and highlight the AJAMSONIC BONUS folder displayed on the top and press ENTER to display its contents. iii. AUDYA will display a whole bunch of songs (grouped in their respective folders such as songs from 40s, 50s, Dance, Elton John ... etc). iv. Turn the wheel to highlight the folder whose songs you want to access and press ENTER to display the songs. v. Turn the wheel to highlight the song you want to play and press ENTER to start playing it. MAKE SURE THE MP3 VOLUME SLIDER BELOW THE MP3 BUTTON IS ALL THE WAY UP SO YOU CAN HEAR THE MP3 SONGS! b. PLAYING MIDIFILES (KARAOKE) like your friend ….JOHN…. i. Press the MIDI button in the PLAYER section to access the Midifile folder of AUDYA ii. Turn the wheel and highlight the AJAMSONIC BONUS folder displayed on the top and press ENTER to display it’s contents. iii. AUDYA will display a whole bunch of songs (grouped in their respective folders such as songs from 40s, 50s, Dance, Elton John ... etc). iv. Turn the wheel to highlight the folder whose songs you want to access and press ENTER to display the songs. v. Turn the wheel to highlight the song you want to play and press ENTER to start playing it. MAKE SURE THE MIDI VOLUME SLIDER BELOW THE MIDI BUTTON IS ALL THE WAY UP SO YOU CAN HEAR THE MIDI SONGS! c. PLAYING WAVE files i. Press the WAVE button in the PLAYER section to access the WAVE folder of AUDYA ii. Turn the wheel and highlight the AJAMSONIC BONUS folder displayed on the top and press ENTER to display its contents. iii. AUDYA will display a whole bunch of songs (grouped in their respective folders such as songs from 40s, 50s, Dance, Elton John ... etc). iv. Turn the wheel to highlight the folder whose songs you want to access and press ENTER to display the songs. v. Turn the wheel to highlight the song you want to play and press ENTER to start playing it. MAKE SURE THE WAVE VOLUME SLIDER BELOW THE WAVE BUTTON IS ALL THE WAY UP SO YOU CAN HEAR THE MIDI SONGS!
Make sure you'll fly forever!