Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
That's pretty cool, chas...

Did you overdub the sax solo? Me, I'd take a crack at hanging a bit of bending and scooping on it to get it a hair more realistic. You know you can't find a sax player anywhere that's going to play dead 'straight' even if you wanted it! But that's a pretty good style. I'll have to see if I've got a translation for that one...

Nope. I didn't overdub the sax. The only overdub is the electric guitar stabs towards the end (outro?). I have the G7 on the tier just above the PA1x. That's why there are no bends. Personally, I kind of like that Korg sax (bathed in 'verb) for certain types of songs. I don't go out of my way to try to emulate real (non-keyboard) instruments; it never works. I just think of it as a unique voice that's somewhat reminicient of a (fill in the blank). In any case, I was just trying to demonstrate a OOTB style vs. same from MS.

Fran (and this has nothing to do with performance), on a side-by-side style comparison, I frankly like the Korg style better, just sounds a little more 'hip' to me ((subjective thing, of course). Was that the G70 or the Mediastation? The sounds were pretty darn good.

chas