I think Spalding that once the guitar chords were recorded you would store them on the hard drive and simply paste them in for whatever future style you were creating.

For close chords where the pitch change is minor (read small) you could use a fixed chord and let the Elastique engine transpose for you, for bigger jumps wehere we know audio gets to "chipmunky" and faster, you could paste in your specific chord.

So yes it would take some time to get the chords recorded tweaked and saved to the hard drive, but after that placing them in styles would be relatively easy....

By the way I have to be honest and say that is supposition at this stage by me based on my knowledge at this time.. Maybe Magica can provide some more REAL experience to the discussion.

But I will say that as we all know some styles are very simple and will only require maybe 4 chord variations, others are more complex.

The beauty of the MS system is you can set up whatever you want in whatever style you want.

I actually mucked around with an MP3 song in the Qranger and inserted markers at the change points and named them variation 1,2 etc..and I was able to recall this "style" via the style engine playing the song live as it were.

Now it it was a bit glitchy between parts but that was because I did not slice the MP3 at all, I just loaded it up raw and assigned markers. But it does show what can be done.

I reckon you could record audio parts of a specific song, as seperate audio samples and then assign these to parts and I think you would get a pretty good result.

The thing with the MS is there is so much a user CAN do.. A users imagination is pretty much the limit really. And their willingness for a bit of work will help too

Dennis