Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
so you think integrating VST into styles would make them sound better ??? Genesys,please provide just one example of a style on the MS and then the same style using VST's. Just one...... I will wait....

Whilst you are doing that let me make this point and then i will wait for your demo. Integrating VST sounds into poorly programmed styles , unbalanced styles, poorly EQ'd styles (which is the context of the critism of the MS arranger side) will simply produce poorly programmed styles, unbalanced styles poorly EQ'd styles oh yes ...with VST's........oops and i forgot audio.

The one thing that makes the difference is the programmer who programmes has to reprogramme the style. And thats the issue in terms of having editing features on either the Audya or Ms. With the Audya if you have the skill you are restricted by the tools available to edit the styles on the Audya. With the MS you have to have the skill to programme great styles because there are too few great ones onboard. I haven't heard a great one yet.

Its been over 4 years.. but maybe you can finally show what can be done on the MS.......... Thanks for debating with me Genesys :-)

[This message has been edited by spalding1968 (edited 06-07-2009).]

Well obviously I can not provide that demo because I do not have a MS.

And yes you do have to have skill when working with VSTs.
If some one bought the MS because of the fact that it could use VSTs, then presumably they would have use VST before and they would have known that there is some skills required in using them.

And yes if you have a style on the MS that you want to change more to your liking, you could do that with VSTs and with detailed editing if the MS allow for detailed editing. Detail editing like adjusting velocity, shifting a note, basically event editing.

Whether you doing style creation/editing on the G70, T3, MS, PA2x or Audya, you have to have the skills; no getting around that.

Good debating with you.