I liked some of the voices. The saxes stood out. I agree with Diki about the piano sound. The 2 buttons for control over the SA voices isn't ground-breaking anymore. MotifXS owners have already been enjoying that feature for a while now.

The drums seem to be getting a little better. Still way too compressed IMO though.

Yamaha still clearly doesn't want to attract any "younger" crowds for the Tyros line. As with many of their demos you get 99.99% jazz, big band, and other more classic styles of music. I listened to the few mondern styles they had.., and to be honest..., for the generation those styles are geared towards.., Yamaha ain't gonna be foolin anyone with those styles.

I'm curious though. For being a 61 key speakerless keyboard..., the body size of the Tyros is quite large. The height on it seems a bit much considering this model has no speakers.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.