For me it's the 101 questions of getting started. Finding the basic steps to just make it at least seem worth the effort to pursue this. My wife and I seem to have a difficult time getting over the initial getting it rolling stage.

Tuesday night I had the results I mentioned in my openning post.

I decided to have my wife help me with this yesterday as she is my computer guru. She has some training in operating computers. She also built my present computer. However, working with soft synth stuff is new to both of us. Very frustrating indeed.

Not knowing what all the terms mean and how to start I suppose is the main issue.

So, last night Jen tried to help out. Things were not working as smoothly as it did the first night for me.

Things crashing and locking up. Instructions that are seemingly not user friendly. I think the people making these programs are techies and what seems like easy instructions to them is not clear to the beginner lay person.

We mentioned last night why we stopped trying this the last time and why we were not going to try this again. I would hate to quit if there is really something in this for me, but at this stage, I guess I just don't know if it's really worth it for me.

I would be willing to bet the above are experienced by a lot of people.

What I think I want to do is to be able to get my Tyros to work as the controller which we have been unable to do. I would like to be able to try the 3 arranger softwares with Hypercanvas as the sounds used in the styles and for solo voices. Sounds like a simple enough request to me.

Any suggestions on how to just get going to get some success to make it worthwhile to continue?

Thanx
Scott

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 06-16-2005).]