Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Nick,
I've had my hands on just about every Yamaha semi-pro and pro arranger up to the Tyros 1. I've owned a few Yammies too. I can say from my experience (all the way up to the Tyros 1), Yamaha's drums have IMO always lacked in dynamics and in some cases realism.

I posted this topic because I "wanted" to hear the kits on the T2 since I can't find one locally. If the T2 has velocity switching then great. However Nick, keep in mind I'm also a drummer. So I'm going to be a little more picky about my personal needs and what I require from a keyboard. One thing I will not budge on is good quality drum kits, and IMO Roland has always deliverd over Yamaha in this area.

It also doesn't take a drummer to listen to a sample and tell if the nuances are there. You can clearly hear in Roland Demos those nuances are there, and the tracks are full of dynamics. IMO Yamaha's tracks are over quantized and lack the live feeling due to limited kits, over quantizing, and too much compression.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 03-22-2007).]

Squeak i dont know how to explain it... just go and listen to the Live Power Kits on the Tyros 2... its almost as if Yamaha put all their concentration into those 2 kits and left the other ones just fill the numbers...

almost every style on the T2 uses one of the power kits... it is a 100% differentiator to the drums u have heard on any other Yamaha Keyboard including that list of samples you heard of the other drum kits...

your still judging a board that you havent played in person and let alone havent even heard those 2 kits as yet...

i had a listen to those drum samples that Mike just posted and the dance kit was a terrible example... even i would say yeah that sounds shit house... but i know for a fact its no where near a good show case of the T2's drums sets because I have one sitting right next to me and I use it day in and day out...

i want to record something to give u an example but really u have to just sit down and have a play of a few different styles with these 2 drum kits to understand what im saying.. other Tyros 2 owners would know exactly what im talking about...

When i Jumped from the PSR 3000 to the T2 i had no idea what i was in for when i heard a style using the new live power kits...

and even how you are still picking at the fret noises etc that u hear with the Super Articulation Guitars and how there "not supposed to be there"... i remember how soo many ppl flipped when i posted my rendition of Cavatina that i recorded in realtime using that SA Concert Guitar voice... I am more than happy to post it again if you need to be re-hashed... that sound is a superb quality that no other board has even touched on yet... u would be the only guitarist i have heard who has picked on that voice... every other person who has had a life long experience of classical guitar playing have dropped their jaws when they hear it...

for those people who think im starting a mine is better then yours. go and jump!

look at the reason why this thread has been started.. its been started by someone who we all know hates Yamaha who wants to hear Yamaha drum samples so he can be extremely pedantic and spot the in perfections.

All I am doing is defending the Tyros 2 keyboard because it is being judged by a person who has never even physically touched one...