Bill, there is so much emotional baggage wrapped up in those two topics, suffice it to say that I don't think anyone with a vested interest in the topics could make a public statement without pissing someone off. For instance, the issue of building an Islamic center close to the former location of the world trade center could be construed as a unifying thing, particularly, if it is appropriate for the demographic make-up of the area. But, you and I know there would be such a negative backlash by people entirely too close to the 9/11 tragedy for that to ever fly. If I were in the area and had lost friends and family members, my attitude might be different.

I have lived in lots of places around the world, and the differences in culture, lifestyles, music...everything is a fascinating thing. Here in the US, we are a relatively new culture. Again, I find the Vietnamese culture full of history and tradition. that attitude might really piss off some people I know, and I understand why.

Everything must be looked at in context. I am in agreement with a lot of your attitudes and evaluations and have begun looking forward to your responses, which are always well thought out and presented.

Thanks,

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 08-13-2010).]