T-It tests your faith to hear Mr. G. lay out the consequences, in his understanding, of what will happen to you if you don't agree. I think his (Mr. G's.) comments are fair because:

A) We're having a discussion about faith and there's several viewpoints being expressed.

B) Its what his particular expression of faith entails. Witnessing, however uncomfortable for the audience at times, is a long standing component of certain tracts of Western Christianity.

If I said you BOTH were off track and that I REALLY had the answers and that only people who wear blue pants could ever get into heaven, you'd laugh me off. Why? Because there's no meaningful element of people with blue pants getting into heaven. There are tremendous numbers who feel as G does. There's also lots of people who feel the way you do and that I do. Even if we disagree with the belief, we know that there are Millions who do accept that and therefore they earn credibility.

G's beliefs don't disturb me. I don't share them, but I'm fine with it. It seems its really tweaked you Taike, almost on a personal level. I wonder respectfully if maybe you are having some internal struggles with your own faith that this discussion has touched a nerve on? That wouldn't be a bad or a weak thing, just a very human thing. You know, what if Conservative Christians ARE right? And the rest of us are doomed? Its possible, right?

I believe God wants some of us to struggle with this concept of faith. The conversation between our hearts and mind is a long winded, ever changing and very complex one.

I appreciate everyone's comments in this thread.

Might we pivot in a slightly different direction?

Should the Islamic Cultural Ctr. be built a few blocks from Ground Zero in NYC?

------------------
Bill in Dayton