Quote:
Originally posted by FAEbGBD:
But it's not such a straight line, "God wanted this to happen, so it happened, and then God wanted that to happen, so that happened" It's all kinds of lives and situations playing out in different ways. Sure, we have free will, but in some way the big plan gets done.

Does the big plan get done the way the big guy wants? Let's say the project is successful and it sells 800 thousand CD's. Did God control that? I've heard Christian artists on TV commenting about their new hit album that, "...God has really helped it be successful, he gets all the credit."

Do the Christian artists that churn out a poor selling CD say the same thing?

It seems almost an ala carte way to consider responsibility for some things. I'm over simplifying, of course, but how do we know?

For me, and boy I don't know if this is right or not, I feel like there's a gentle guidance, that might be spiritual in nature. many times I've had to choose between A or B and often made the right choice. Is it just because I'm a thoughtful, smart guy to begin with so I'm inclined to avoid major errors OR is it his guiding hand? Or, a blend of both. Some souls can consider a presence, even without knowing its identity and accept the implied wisdom within. Other, seem deaf to all obvious around them.

I feel like President Bartlett from the West Wing sometimes...(Watch the clip below)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX6wOOJy0hk

The background is that the president is struggling on whether to commute a death sentence to someone who was to be executed that night, unless the President stepped in. Pr. Bartlett asked his priest to come see him as he made his mind up.

Like I said, Faith is a helluva thing and I envy those for whom this is easy to accept.

------------------
Bill in Dayton

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 05-22-2010).]