Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. G:
Proably more like Oh Sh-t, I seemed to have offended you when it was never my intentions. I think the only ones who know all about the bible and God are guys half drunk about ready to fall off their barstool, I know , I was there once many years ago. I gave my heart to the Lord 34 years ago and I still have that same Joy today as then, I guess when something lasts that long it must be real with staying power. I say with meekness that I truly did not mean any offence to you or anyone else. I know I got you all fired up but I did click on the wrong quote about being atheist. These kind of debates about different religions and faith can get the ol hair to stand up so I guess more care in our selections of wording must be taken , I know I will be more careful as to not to offend, if at all possible.

It's alright, don't worry.

Like I mentioned before, the same experience can have different effects on people. You say that you were saved by God from alcoholism. Now don't you believe that the same has happened to those that are non-Christian? It really doesn't matter what you believe or not believe in. We all draw strength from something. But it would be wrong to deny others for having drawn that strength just because their faith is different than yours.

God is great, Allah is great, Buddha is great, nothing is great...it all comes down to the same. We're all individuals no matter how many groups or cliques we belong to. We can do good and bad in a thousand different ways, sometimes visible, sometimes not. But don't you think that we already know how our actions will be judged? Lest we forget, it's not our words but our actions that cause the scale to go either up or down. So it really doesn't matter what one believes or doesn't. We can't judge someone on what he believes only. That'd be absurd. It would mean that we would disregard anything that person has done, whether good or bad. Doesn't make sense, does it?

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

[This message has been edited by Taike (edited 08-10-2010).]