Chas said:

I guess what I have a problem with is the concept of worship. Even if there were some higher life-form,
why should I bow down and worship it? I can see trying to reach the same intellectual level as this more advanced super-being. But I can't see any motive
for worshiping it other than fear of what it might do to us.....and in fact, isn't that precisely what most Judea-Christian religions tries to instill
in us at a very early age?

OK, try your hardest to reach the same intellectual ability. The moment you figure out how to create one totally new atom, forget a universe, let me know. Yeah, maybe you can rearrange the atoms that are already here and turn them into a car, computer, pencil, but how about just adding one totally new atom, one speck of new energy. Then, once you've done that, try to make one microbe from scratch. One tree, one planet, one galaxy, one universe. Something tells me it's going to be a little while yet before we match God on an intellectual level.

Worship? I'd say so. That's just supreme admiration. You admire your favorite organist. how about if you met someone 10 times smarter than you, with an IQ of maybe 1200. Now how about 12000, 12000000000? I'd say a little worship might not be inappropriate.

And it isn't really about being scared of what might happen if I don't. I mean, I'm scared of what might happen to me if I try to live by eating a vat of lard and nothing else. But it's not fear of what would happen that keeps me from doing that. It just seems like a dumb thing to do. Same with ignoring God. Just doesn't seem to me like it's a good idea. Yeah, I don't really want to experience Hell, whatever that is, but it's not because I live in constant fear of pissing God off that I honor Him.