Rusty,

I cannot disagree with something’s that you say and I think there are obvious reasons why things will always be difficult.
When you are buying from Ketron you are buying from a very small company, Italian, don't think anyone types brilliant English, is there a picture building up in your mind. There have been big gaps in development of products, little changes like SD1 and SD1+ but people still buying the products for the sound it makes. I don't see how you can get around it all, if you think you could get hold of all the directors from Ketron and shake them by the neck and it would make some difference then you are wrong, its manyana Italian style. If you are going to buy Ketron product then move to the UK. TWD knows their limitations and he will perhaps point the finger at the dealers and TWD is also a one off, pity. Thomann simply return any faulty kit back to Ketron, they don't have a TWD in a cupboard when things go wrong, they just sell boxes and are good at it.
Rusty I don't think there is a straight answer, buyer beware with two big BBs, Ketron are not on their own with this modus operandi. Anyway what have you got now Rusty, and BTW I think AJ will struggle to sell a £600.00 bolt on to anyone who as an Audya, I for one won't be buying it at that price. And it’s no use saying it will come down in price as the numbers go up, because there isn't any numbers to go up. AJ has tried hard but I wouldn't be going into a bolt on business for KB at this moment in time.

Good Luck Rusty with all you are trying to do

Regards

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey