sorry Rusty999 but your statement is completely untrue. Version 1.0 was by no means the best operating system because new features have since been added. Just about all of the problems in those early days were due to:

1) user error and a failing to understand the nature of an instument like the Audya. Almost all of those early issues were due to people connecting their computers and deleting stuff they should not have - a number even formatted the hard drive in an attempt to get it back to factory condition. Things that just do not happen now.

2) poor retailer/distributor support, sometimes because the owner had purchased from outside of their country, sometimes because the distributor/retailer also lacked good product knowledge

I know this for a fact because I am the Service manager for the UK distributor of Ketron so had to deal with EVERY single issue in this country, as well as some in other countries. I have the serial number of every Audya in the UK along with cross referenced information on upgrades and warranty/user error repairs & support for each and every Audya.

My good friend Tony's problems (which I am sure you remember) were nothing to do with the keyboard but originally caused by his retailer setting up the Audya with a laptop that had no AC adapter, power failing taking out system files on the hard disk.

I am not taking anything away from AJ, simply correcting your innacurate statement.