Sorry Tonywheeliedude but your statement is completely untrue

Myself and two other users -one In Uk and one in Ireland had very similar problems with the audya and believe me we are not novices when it comes to gear and also pro studio equipment.

None of the audya I am talking about were earlier versions. Mine was only a month old when i found that it started blowing fuses and it turned out that ketron had been fitting the power supply too high in the casing of the Audya 4 and it was shorting out. Great Design-- Not !!

Another user in Finland had the exact same problem but that was only one of many problems.

No one that i know of was silly enough to delete or format their hard drive

Thats an old Cherry of yours --blame it on User Error--I have seen you use it here several times and it doesn't wash anymore--the audya was and probably still is deeply flawed!! How can you say my statement is inaccurate when dozens of users are having problems. I can see its in your interest to fly the flag for ketron but dont try blame Ketrons poor quality control on the USERS. You are not the only one who was born with a brain and we are very capable of deciding whether something is the fault of the user OR the fault of the manufacturer. AJ outlined in a post here exactly what the flaws and faults were in the Audya and i'm not talking about version 1.0 . Why do you think it took him and his team over 9 months to iron out the problems. Personally I would recommend that anyone buying an audya should make sure its an audya with his upgrades included. A lot of users felt that they were stuck with it and had to make the most of it but at least now theres light at the end of the tunnel but its a pity someone like AJ who saw so many bad points in Audya that he was prompted into spending the best part of a year fixing ketrons problems.
Sorry tony but you need to get your facts right and you must be living with rose coloured glasses if you think Audya was a product that was ready to be launched on the unsuspecting public. It was NoT ready and if this was another company they would have been forced to Recall their stock until it was fit for purpose--And audya was not fit for purpose !!

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
sorry Rusty999 but your statement is completely untrue. Version 1.0 was by no means the best operating system because new features have since been added. Just about all of the problems in those early days were due to:

1) user error and a failing to understand the nature of an instument like the Audya. Almost all of those early issues were due to people connecting their computers and deleting stuff they should not have - a number even formatted the hard drive in an attempt to get it back to factory condition. Things that just do not happen now.

2) poor retailer/distributor support, sometimes because the owner had purchased from outside of their country, sometimes because the distributor/retailer also lacked good product knowledge

I know this for a fact because I am the Service manager for the UK distributor of Ketron so had to deal with EVERY single issue in this country, as well as some in other countries. I have the serial number of every Audya in the UK along with cross referenced information on upgrades and warranty/user error repairs & support for each and every Audya.

My good friend Tony's problems (which I am sure you remember) were nothing to do with the keyboard but originally caused by his retailer setting up the Audya with a laptop that had no AC adapter, power failing taking out system files on the hard disk.

I am not taking anything away from AJ, simply correcting your innacurate statement.