www,ajamsonic.com

Posted by: cakemog

www,ajamsonic.com - 06/01/11 11:27 PM

Take a look at interesting changes on AJ's site!!!!! Carl

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/01/11 11:32 PM

At last signs of movement from AJ - a brand new Audya 5 with the AJAMSONIC logo on it. Looking forward to more AJ. Carl
Posted by: leezone

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/02/11 07:05 AM

not to put out the fire,

but all i see there, is AJAMSONIC letters glued onto the AUDYA 5, under AUDYA logo

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/02/11 08:31 AM

AJ,

is JUNE the month us AUDYA owners have all been waiting for ? smile
Posted by: Ketron_AJ

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/02/11 08:15 PM

It's all you see for now ... but wait until you hear what's under the hood!

Yep - June 2011 is finally here. As we gear up for this release, please be patient with us as we upgrade our website in preparation to load DEMOS of ...

* AUDYA AJAMSONIC series
* SD1Plus AJAMSONIC
* ... and others.

Thanks and sorry for the delay. Your input has guided us tremendously!

AJ

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/06/11 06:38 AM

AJ,

what's the countdown at now? eek

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/06/11 08:19 PM

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/07/11 06:00 AM

Ok so 10 was about 4 or 5 days ago
Now we're at 9
This means 4-5 days for every countdown increment of 1
Therefore we are still talking about 32-40 days
So we will not see ajamsonic in June
But rather in July ...
Posted by: Joe0710

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/07/11 09:02 AM

Originally Posted By: leezone
Ok so 10 was about 4 or 5 days ago
Now we're at 9
This means 4-5 days for every countdown increment of 1
Therefore we are still talking about 32-40 days
So we will not see ajamsonic in June
But rather in July ...

OK, lets speculate, it could also mean

- 9 bugs left
- 9 demos to complete

Joe piano

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/07/11 09:30 AM

More than likely AJ + team found 9 new problems which they are battling to cure before finally bouncing AJAM on to the market. Everything was declared 'just about ready' the week before last so clearly there's a hitch of some sort - perhaps not surprising given the size of the product. Anyway, better fixed now than when we're all trying to install and enjoy this upgrade - get your whip out AJ and keep your team pushing. Carl

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/09/11 07:20 AM

and the AJAMSONIC countdown is at....

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/09/11 02:38 PM

why didn't we think of using one of these before?

Posted by: Dnj

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/11/11 07:24 AM

why didn't we think of using one of these before?

I have two of those swatters they work great! coffee

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/14/11 09:33 PM

AJ,

what's 'under the hood'???

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/15/11 08:38 AM

Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/15/11 11:53 AM

A bit off topic don't you think?
But looking at this beauty, Audya won't even strike my mind .....

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/15/11 02:08 PM

well AJ said,

"It's all you see for now ... but wait until you hear what's under the hood!"

i'd like to hear her...

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/16/11 06:28 PM

8 (she makes me want to say "2") he heee...

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/16/11 07:49 PM

she is a thing of beauty yes

AJ, i wish i knew what your "8" means smile

give us a few demos/teasers

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/17/11 12:41 AM

Well I'm fed up waiting for AJ and Ketron - where do you guys get high quality 3rd party styles for the Audya, any website recommendations please?? (other than keyboardspeler.nl) Thanks, Carl
Posted by: alliehoe

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/17/11 05:33 AM

Except keyboardspeler.nl ( That's me ) you can also buy midifiles and style combination at direct order online
DOO )
Posted by: Machetero

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/17/11 05:51 AM

Originally Posted By: cakemog
Well I'm fed up waiting for AJ and Ketron - where do you guys get high quality 3rd party styles for the Audya, any website recommendations please?? (other than keyboardspeler.nl) Thanks, Carl

You can get Styles for Audya (no Audio drums, but they can be coverted easily) at http://createsongstyles.com (you have to pay a fee to be a member). They have a bunch of song styles there.

Another site is http://www.carillonstudios.co.uk/ketron_gold.htm.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/17/11 09:41 AM

Thanks Machetero for the link - I have seen (and heard) the Carillon styles but they sound too 'machine like' for me.
Alliehoe - sorry I didn't been to belittle your styles in any way, I was just indicating that I had already seen and checked out your website and styles.
Hoping for some really hair-raising stuff from Ketron & AJ - but how long the wait???????????
Cheers to all, Carl

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/17/11 11:24 AM

Sorry about typo - meant to say: I didn't mean to belittle your styles..... Carl

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/17/11 11:51 AM

Dont worry Carl I understand what you mean

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/18/11 12:56 AM

Is that it for 3rd party Audya styles out there - just Keyboardspeler.nl and Carillon Studios??
Does anyone use Audya styles from other sites?? Sorry but I'm new to 3rd party stuff - only ever used Ketron's own styles,just thought there must be more good styles out there for Audya??
Thanks, Carl
Posted by: Robbo

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/18/11 06:19 AM

Now why can't someone convert the T4 styles correctly into the Audya format, that's gotta be a mindblower. Does the software on offer really do the job correctly, or is there something we are missing. Could be a great earner if we could do it?

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/18/11 08:19 AM

This wont be hard to do but its illegal.

Simply record the midi tracks in example Cubase
then copy and fit everything in the style compiler.
make the right program changes and create the Audya style
Posted by: Snoopy

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/18/11 08:35 AM

Originally Posted By: alliehoe
This wont be hard to do but its illegal.

Simply record the midi tracks in example Cubase
then copy and fit everything in the style compiler.
make the right program changes and create the Audya style

Hi,

hmmm, I think that´s not that easy...

Don´t forget to remove Mega-, S.Art and S.Art2 Voices. Or better "replace" them with "normal" voices.

OK, this could be done with Jörgen´s "NoMegaInMIDI".

Then set the voices to GM or GM2 ( for instance with Heiko´s PSRUTI ).

After that extract the "Important" parts using CASM-Editor.

Now you can start editing the parts in sequencer wink

As alliehoe wrote before : Worst problem ist the COPYRIGHT !

Yamaha allows anybody to play / create songs using their styles ( in the german forum we got an official answer from Yamaha regarding this topic ). But I´m sure that they don´t allow converting their styles to other machines ( from other manufacturers ...

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/18/11 09:29 AM

Wow - that would be amazing, T4 styles on the Audya?? Would it still be legal if the T4 styles were converted and used as 'shareware' i.e. no selling or profit making??? Yamaha might be a bit narcked (to say the least) but maybe in return Audya styles could be converted for T4 owners - dream come true!!! Carl

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/18/11 11:29 AM

Wondering whether anyone has used StyleWorks 2000 conversion software successfully for T4 to Audya styles - any advice greatly appreciated!
Never done it - how do I import converted styles to Audya? Carl
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/18/11 12:28 PM

Hi Carl
I have used EMC Styleworks 2000 to convert a few Roland and Technics files to Ketron SD1(it doesn't have Audya) and into my Audya. Usually fairly accurate, but sometimes a wrong instrument is assigned. However, the results are never going to be as good as an authentic Audya style.

To put a converted style into Audya, you load the converted .pat style into User Styles. I usually audition the style in a pen drive and copy over if I like it.

Bernie

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/18/11 01:38 PM

Hi Bernie
Many thanks for your reply - I had a bad experience 2 years ago when I first got my Audya 76, my hard drive had to be re-built after crashing. Later I had many 'total sound crashes' which was fixed with a replacement sound board - now all is fine. You'll understand my reluctance doing anything on the hard drive but I really like so many of the T4 styles you can hear on YouTube - so, with all this waiting for Ketron and AJ I wondered about possible style conversions. If I'm likely to experience problems or glitches with EMC Styleworks 2000, then maybe I'll just have to stay patient and hope the forthcoming updates/upgrades plug the gaps for me. Cheers, Carl
Posted by: NiteLife

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/19/11 04:54 AM

Hi Everyone, As many of you know, I have both the Audya and Tyros 3 and play professionally.

I find myself now taking only the Audya to play my gigs.

We all love Yamaha's styles but the " Live Sound " just isn't there.

What I did was, record several of my favorite Tyros styles I use with certain songs, converted them to MP3's, loaded them into the Audya and play along with them. Works perfect!

It's better than hauling and setting up two keyboards when I only use the Tyros on about 10 songs.

In fact I'll be listing my Tyros3 on ebay before to long. I just don't use it enough!

Ya just can't beat the Audya!

Jim

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/19/11 05:44 AM

Thanks for your input Jim - that's an interesting solution. I just find the T4 styles really lush and laid-back and would have liked them onboard my Audya for backing tracks for my guitars.

Bernie - you mentioned auditioning .pat files off a pen drive and then copy over the ones you like. I now have a few converted .pat files to try on a pen drive, could I ask you a huge favour: what key strokes do you use to audition each style on the pen drive??
What key strokes to copy over to User Styles on Audya??
Sorry to be a pain but don't want to screw up!!! Carl

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/19/11 05:59 AM

Bernie - I just worked out how to audition the .pat styles on my pen drive, works well. If I could bother you with the copying over to User Styles key strokes, that would be GREAT. Carl

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/19/11 06:22 AM

Bernie - it turned out a waste of time, the .pat styles don't play at all right on my Audya so I'll leave it there.
Come on Ketron and AJ - only 10 days left in June, WHEN is it going to happen?????????? Carl

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/19/11 04:43 PM

I think countdown is at 8 last I heard....

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/20/11 02:40 AM

Carl
Sorry it didn't turn out. Roland and Technics styles seem to work better it seems.

Jim
I am a little confused about how you can play over an MP3 recording of a style, unless you mean recording the entire song with all of the chord changes.

I would like to hear more.

Bernie

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/20/11 06:05 AM

Hey Bernie:

Yes, all I did was record the song with chord changes, intro and ending. I think yamaha has some really great styles and I just recorded my favorites and play along with them.

In addition, I have a dozen or so favorite Sound Choice Karaoke files I use.

With the upcoming 50 additional styles from Ketron, we'll stay plenty busy I'm sure.

If the UPGRADE ever gets here!!

Jim

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/20/11 06:54 AM

Hi Jim
Thanks for the info. I mute parts and play and sing over midi's, but haven't tried MP3's of other keyboard styles. I have a KN7000 and G70 with very good styles. I will try it.

Thanks for the tip, Jim.
Bernie

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/20/11 06:57 AM

I see you are just down the road from me in Cape Coral. I will have to come down and catch your act.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/20/11 01:30 PM

AJ,

you still working on AJAMSONIC update?
video demos?
or both?

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/20/11 10:35 PM

mmmmmmm AJ???????????????????? Please????????????????

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/21/11 02:00 PM

maybe this AJAMSONIC will be worth the long wait
maybe it will be the most stable, draw-dropping update to date...

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/21/11 07:29 PM

Too Many Maybe's Leezone!

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/21/11 08:06 PM

maybe this AJAMSONIC will be better than Ketron's Pen smile
maybe the countdown is at 5
maybe the videos will be posted tomorrow
maybe i'm wrong

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/22/11 11:03 AM

So disappointing that AJ doesn't see fit to put demos up for us (his potential new customers)at this late stage of the game - WHY?? There's 8 days left in June - why the silence AJ?????? Carl

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/22/11 11:41 AM

maybe AJ is too busy working on AJAMSONIC to reply or to post videos

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/22/11 05:47 PM

7 ... (just had a little girl so I have been very busy, but you'll be impressed). Team is working hard to wrap this up so I will catch up with the other Engineers on Monday to see where we are at...

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/22/11 08:12 PM

CONGRATULATIONS AJ !!!!

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/22/11 11:20 PM

I thought something was going on - CONGRATULATIONS AJ, now I understand your silence.
Looking forward to demos and news of AJAM release. Carl
Posted by: DAN.2000

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/23/11 07:23 AM

Congratulation AJ !

I understand you! When I had my little girl 4 month ago, and was working on vArranger smile

Good Luck AJ on releasing the long awaiting package for Audya

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/23/11 08:30 AM

AJ,

will your baby girl be called AUDYA ? smile

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/23/11 10:24 AM

Thanks guys ... yeah toggling back and forward but in the end everyone will 'smile' ... I hope!

No, her name is not AUDYA but close ... starts with an "A" at least ....

More update on AJAMSONIC on Monday. Video recordings have been completed (being edited).

AJ
Posted by: Machetero

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/23/11 10:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Ketron_AJ
Thanks guys ... yeah toggling back and forward but in the end everyone will 'smile' ... I hope!

No, her name is not AUDYA but close ... starts with an "A" at least ....

More update on AJAMSONIC on Monday. Video recordings have been completed (being edited).

AJ

Princess A..........

Congratulations AJ !!!!

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/23/11 01:53 PM

More update on AJAMSONIC on Monday.

AJ

This Monday? eek
Posted by: Pearlss1977

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/23/11 06:50 PM

CONGRATULATIONS AJ Enjoy these moments as they grow up too fast.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/24/11 06:05 AM

AJ - I'm particularly looking for mellow/laid-back lush styles to create backing tracks for my guitars etc. There's much I like about the Audya of course but (in a perfect world) I'd love to have many of the Yamaha T4 styles (or similar) on my Audya. Please could you hint at whether the AJAM upgrade includes new styles of that type?? Booked a months holiday starting in 2 weeks especially to record - really hoped Ketron update and AJAM would be available by then? If they are not, then I MAY have to sell my Audya and get T4 - your best advice would be much appreciated!!!! Thanks AJ, Carl

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/24/11 02:14 PM

Monday is almost here smile

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/25/11 12:24 AM

Regarding T4 styles - CDs and DVDs with huge T4 style collections are currently for sale on e-bay (don't know whether they are legel???). Has anybody any experience converting those successfully to Audya??
I love my Audya and ideally would like a T4 as well but can't afford. I just need add-on slower/mellow/pad type styles with subtle percussion rather than the constant 'crack' of the snare drum - if they come out in AJAM then of course I'm sorted but the timing is getting tight. Carl

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/25/11 12:52 AM

Monday is almost here smile

Yeah, not too long before X-Mas either .... laugh party

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/26/11 09:08 AM

tomorrow is Mondsy... smile

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/26/11 05:32 PM

It's Monday here in Australia AJ,,,,,,,,, mouth watering,,,, could this be it????

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/27/11 06:35 AM

It's Monday here in NY, USA...

www.ajamsonic.com seems unchanged thusfar

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/27/11 07:22 AM

I didn't get the impression from AJ that he would release AJAM today - it sounded like he 'might' just give us a progress report after consulting engineers and beta testers. Hope I'm wrong though - enough waiting!!!
Still looks to me as if Ketron and AJ might be synchronizing their update/upgrade releases??? Carl

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/27/11 07:31 AM

i got impression that wed see some demo videos today

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/27/11 07:32 AM

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/27/11 08:36 AM

Demos would be nice - any idea where in the US AJ is located, wondering what the time difference is between AJ and the UK?? Just gone 16.30 here in the UK. Carl

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/27/11 08:55 AM

AJ is on the East Coast , EST

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/27/11 10:34 AM

Ah right - so AJ is 5 or 6 hours behind UK time, I'll keep checking his home page for another 2 or 3 hours. Fingers and everything else crossed!!!! Carl

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/27/11 01:17 PM

AJ

if you need help editing those demo videos, let me know
i will do it for free

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/27/11 02:20 PM

At last ... a breather...

Here is the update. Videos are being edited. I intend to have a couple up by the end of this week so you see and hear the keyboard in action. We are also working on a 3.5hrs long "detailed" MANUAL/Tutorial (Part1 and Part2) for AUDYA/4/5 and AUDYA AJAMSONIC/4/5. We did it this way so you have the option to get only the part(s) which interest you and be able to give you as much details as we can with regards to the various operation modes and how they can benefit you. It's my believe and that of the company that a unit as 'complicated' but yet friendly as the AUDYA deserves a lot more information than any manual can convay, regardless of language (especially ours) ... but it's all about 'keeping it real', right?

Again, thanks for your support and patience ... we're getting there.

AJ
Posted by: Leibniz

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/27/11 05:20 PM

Does anyone know how I can make sure that the new Audya 76 that is scheduled to arrive to me this week is capable of incorporating all pen\ajamsonic\whatever updates available? thanks

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/27/11 11:44 PM

quote "Leibniz" Does anyone know how I can make sure that the new Audya 76 that is scheduled to arrive to me this week is capable of incorporating all pen\ajamsonic\whatever updates available? thanks

Probably if new it will already have the latest opp sys on it. Watch the boot up and on the bottom line it will tell you the version ie, 4.1b and so on. If it is older go to www.ketron.it and click whatever language then choose the later version download, and follow instructions, should be a peice of cake. Hope this helps

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/27/11 11:52 PM

AJ - thanks for update.
So, on June 2nd you said 'June is finally here' - to be realistic, at this rate all the demos won't be out till end of July?? By the time we've had a few weeks to digest them it'll be Aug/Sept before AJAM is released, right AJ?? Carl

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/28/11 06:39 AM

Carl

patience....

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/28/11 08:07 AM

Thanks, Robbo. So there shouldn't be a problem as far as operating system is concerned. But how am I supposed to get the ajamsonic and pen updates?

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/28/11 08:24 AM

Leibniz

first you have to wait till they both come out
i think Ketron's will be under $100
i think AJ's will be over $100, and more for Hardware Modification, ram increase, etc,
but AJ would have all the details

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/28/11 10:47 AM

Carl

patience....

WOW, leezone talk about patience !
Unbelieveable laugh

keys

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/28/11 11:19 AM

I AM and have been patient - I'm not suggesting to AJ to release before the project is ready, of course not!!
What I do dislike is continuously being given misleading information - AJAM is obviously some way off still and yet we're led to believe it's just round the corner. In my view this just leads to unnecessary tension and stress - for what purpose??? Why not just say 'AJAM is not likely to be released till Aug/Sept', then we can all relax and wait happily for the release date. Carl

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/28/11 11:54 AM

i am patient,

where's AJAMSONIC
what's countdown? smile

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/28/11 02:38 PM

smile

I know that when we start a project, we are very exited, and we are creating a lot very fast, but to finish the latest 20% you need sometimes a LOT of time and energy, to deal with the not very pleasant tasks...

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/28/11 03:38 PM

Thanks Dan
Spoken by a man that knows.
Posted by: donpatt

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/28/11 06:23 PM

Hi Bernie and Dan,

Just from what I've read here, there seems to be an update above and beyond 4.2B (an addendum), do you know anything abt this?

I have 4.2B installed! What do you thind?
Thanks,
Don P

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/28/11 09:09 PM

i think Sokratis was late in announcing 4.2B
i think it's same one that has been out for over 2 weeks
if there was an update, it would most likely be called 4.2C

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/29/11 02:18 AM

I agree with Leezone. My 4.2b is fine as far as I know.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/29/11 03:25 AM

thanks Leezone and Bernie, that's good to know

My 4.2B is working fine as well

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 06/30/11 05:45 PM

Well Aj its Friday here, I guess end of week could be Sunday, play on words, but surely you have something by now??
Posted by: Sokratis 1974

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/01/11 03:13 AM

i think Sokratis was late in announcing 4.2B
i think it's same one that has been out for over 2 weeks
if there was an update, it would most likely be called 4.2C

Leezone....
The difference between 4.2a and 4.2b is the compatibility with old style ( Sd Xd series )....
Posted by: DonM

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/01/11 09:02 AM

Congratulations AJ! Hope both your real baby and your virtual baby (Jamsonic) both are wonderful.
DonM

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/01/11 09:09 AM

Sokratis

i thought the AUDYA already was compatible with SD, XD styles from the start, ??
i mean there are tons of styles there already from older Ketrons

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/01/11 04:24 PM

Sokratis

i thought the AUDYA already was compatible with SD, XD styles from the start, ??
i mean there are tons of styles there already from older Ketrons

Yes i thought also, but it is the responce in a question about this that I made in a person of Ketron, and this OS need in new sound Upgrate .....

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/02/11 07:32 PM

AJ Congrats on the newest member of the household, no doubt these are the greatest moments in life.

Now to a downer, I know its Sunday here in Aussie, and probably only Sat in the other hemisphere. This update of yours has been strung out to lengths that make it hard to believe when you say something regarding news and releases. Please can you either give us a date, and stick to it, or give us something to yell and scream about.

I know most of here on the forum enjoy your advise and help, it's greatly appreciated, and the last thing I would want to do is upset the balance here. It's always good to build suspence and anticipation, but this is going too far. Please for the love of god. Date or Info.

Thanks mate
Robbo
Posted by: Dusan

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/03/11 12:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Robbo

I know most of here on the forum enjoy your advise and help, it's greatly appreciated, and the last thing I would want to do is upset the balance here. It's always good to build suspence and anticipation, but this is going too far. Please for the love of god. Date or Info.

Thanks mate
Robbo

Thanks for this words Robbo.It time to say AJ and Ketron behavior a big NO....

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/03/11 10:58 AM

Even if there was reluctance to post because of problems meeting a deadline, continued silence is even worse.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/04/11 04:33 PM

AJ it was two weeks ago you said that you would have some info by the end of the week. We all thought video, demo and so on, then you said at the end of last week you would have some demo's, I mean reall this is beyond understanding
Posted by: audyaplayer

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/05/11 05:40 AM

My opinion of this is,AJ wait,s till we have updated the new pendrive by Ketron,and than he comes with his own pendrive,and so he said that is be installed in the user banks,
First,the new Ketron software must be set on his place and than the new sounds and styles by AJ
Is it vice versa it mess up the keyboard and the pendrive by Ketron goes wrong and find things from AJ he don't recognize.
It's only my opinion.
Audyaplayer

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/05/11 05:56 AM

It sounds plausible, but an explanation of such by AJ would go a long way.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/05/11 08:14 AM

i'm sure AJ's priority is NOT AJAMSONIC at this time
it's his baby... let him enjoy the newborn and cut him some slack...

what's the countdown? smile

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/05/11 05:34 PM

yeah I got no problem with the assumtions made by others here on the forum, it's just that AJ should confirm this as the case. Instead what we have had was a rolling promise of things to be revealed that never were on the dates that were supplied by AJ. I'm happy to wait, I just hate having to go to the page every day in the hope that something has come of it. Best to give a date that is outward AJ then the problem is solved

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/05/11 09:58 PM

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/06/11 05:39 AM

7?

We talkin' months? smile

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/06/11 02:04 PM

Obviously, a man with few words, Leezone.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/06/11 02:14 PM

maybe 7 meaning tomorrow, 7-7-11 eek

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/06/11 06:46 PM

Geez AJ, I hope this is the bounce 7th July, and it really doesn't help to play games, I think we are all tired of that stop

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/08/11 05:44 AM

Man. These demo videos ought to be awesome judging from the time it's taking

AJ.

Please post at least 1 video so we have something to salivate over
Still editing?
Posted by: Rusty 999

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/10/11 03:24 PM

What happened here or did things go really quiet ????

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/11/11 05:48 AM

What happened?

Nothing to see or hear. That's what

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/12/11 08:57 AM

we at 6 yet?

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/12/11 10:07 AM

Does anybody know whether the new ajamsonic update include also his previous releases? how about Ketron's pen drive?

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/12/11 10:52 AM

Frank is waiting to hear from his US distributor.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/12/11 11:12 PM

It's a joke of the worst kind, pen drive released "no one's got em"

AJ's upgrade? worse than loves me, loves me not, (if youve ever played that one with a flower), I tell you thank god the Audya has better attributes than the people from PR marketing Ketron and AJ"s promises that never seem to line up with his intended dates, I would have banished Audya long time ago by now if it hadn't had something worth holding it on for.

I wasn't going to get involved any more in these conversations because it's fruitless, and I just say to you all, the feel of one holding the pen drive, or getting the updates, is the only one worth caring about. This thread should be dead, because it's a whole lot of nothing made into something. my two cents

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/20/11 01:37 AM

Xmas ????
Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/20/11 08:55 AM

Hey Guys,

Vote with your feet, don't buy it when it comes out, there can't be that many copies needed in the states, hell Ketron only sold about 100kbs. You would normally copy it anyway, just buy one and do what you normally do.

Don't say I told you!

Happy Days

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/20/11 10:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

Hey Guys,

Vote with your feet, don't buy it when it comes out, there can't be that many copies needed in the states, hell Ketron only sold about 100kbs. You would normally copy it anyway, just buy one and do what you normally do.

Don't say I told you!

Happy Days

Tony,
we dont nead to coppy eniway cos we dont haw a chance to buy one copy....Feragosta is one week avay from as.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/20/11 12:34 PM

so Tony

you are suggestion we all commit copyright fraud?
don't you think Ketron deserves to be compensated for their big updates?

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/20/11 02:59 PM

Leezone,

What do you do when you are clinging onto the wreakage,
survive.

Whats the COUNTDOWN at now?

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/20/11 09:41 PM

Tony

you cling or survive as you wish...

i will BUY the PEN as soon as it hits the U.S.
and support this great company that has provided me with the BEST sounding arranger on the market today

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/20/11 10:58 PM

Sorry Leezone,

I thought you were talking about a pen from AJ not from Ketron sorry. I take it all back

Tony

What's the Ketron Count

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/21/11 06:40 AM

Tony & Leezone:

You guys crack me up! I've watched you two go back and forth with each other since I joined SZ. smile

As for myself, I'll say it again: The Audya is STILL #1 in my book. Two years later, I am still thrilled to play it. I can't say that about some woman I've been with. smile

The upgrades will get here when they get here. I'll definitely do Ketron's upgrade. The jury is still out with AJ's.

From what I've read, the new styles are really good. I know Robert was involved with many of them, and we all know how talented he is.

So for the time being, I'll watch and wait and will be thrilled I'm sure once installed.

I haven't played my Tyros3 in months, It has really taken a back seat to the Audya.

In fact, I'm probably going to put it on E-Bay before to long.
If anyone is interested in it let me know. I'll be asking for around $2,000 for it.

Music,Music,Music.....what else is there?? smile

Jim

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/22/11 12:36 PM

AJ

not sure if you're stil editing the demo videos
but please post at least one.
Thanks

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/22/11 06:58 PM

AJ

not sure if you're stil editing the demo videos
but please post at least one.
Thanks

yes AJ sounds to me a bit strange indeed??

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/22/11 07:49 PM

remember,

AJ is a new Daddy so i'm sure the baby is keeping him way busy

what's the countdown at now?

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/24/11 02:36 AM

remember,

AJ is a new Daddy so i'm sure the baby is keeping him way busy

what's the countdown at now?

152 shopping days to christmas Doh!

Never Never Land Leezone, are you on Skype Leezone

Tony

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/25/11 05:54 AM

I think countdown is somewhere between 10 and 1
that's my best guess...

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/25/11 04:08 PM

that's my best guess...

are you talkin months or years?

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/25/11 05:25 PM

months or years...???

hhmmmm let me think about that for a second

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/25/11 11:56 PM

that's my best guess...

The only 10 this will make will be on the Richter Scale.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/28/11 09:17 AM

AJ

how you be?
where it be?

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/28/11 09:46 AM

They seek in here
They seek in there
The dam elusive AJ

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/30/11 07:22 AM

AJ has obviously hit a roadblock somewhere, and dares not make any promises he can't keep. It is still better than following Ketron's method of release and fix later.

Bernie

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/30/11 08:22 AM

it's ok , at least we got Ketron's Pen released
when or IF they will ever reach the USA is another story

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 07/30/11 03:43 PM

The Little Tug that Could! it's a big ocean for such a little boat

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/01/11 12:49 PM

Why not just say 'AJAM is not likely to be released till Aug/Sept', then we can all relax and wait happily for the release date. Carl

Carl,

Because if you said Aug/Sept you would have to say which year and then it might be Nov/Dec. These things take time, after all its just one man keeping all the plates in the air. It will come sure as nightfalls.

Tony

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/01/11 01:38 PM

Give AJ some time please
he's got lots of sh#t on his hands Lol
what's up with the release pressure?

What's coundown at now?
Posted by: Joe0710

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/10/11 11:00 AM

AJ, is there a new count available? If I just extrapolate, then we have to wait at least another 6 months - hope it will be earlier....

Joe

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/10/11 05:26 PM

with AJ's new baby girl
and my $0.02, not to be pesimistic
i would say that AJAMSONIC is not in our near future
i'll go on record and guess... sometime next year

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/11/11 01:23 AM

5 (cating up now).

Sorry for that un-expected delay.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/11/11 06:37 AM

hi AJ
nice to know you're still here with us...

countdown is at ffffffffiiiiivvvvvvvvveeeeeee

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/11/11 12:38 PM

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/11/11 01:05 PM

I spoke with AJ today. AJamsonic is finished. He is putting videos together so that the product can be properly introduced.
He now has additional helpers working for him. Be patient a little longer. He is a new father and very busy.
DonM
Posted by: mlorenz

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/11/11 01:07 PM

I talked with AJ about a week ago and he told me the AJAM Sonic upgrade was $495.00. I would need to remove the hard disk in my Audya and send it to him so he could create a hard disk copy and I would reinstall it once I got it back. I asked him to send me the hard disk first and I'd swap it out the same day so I could continue performing. He thought that would be OK. I have asked AJ for a written description, list of features or a video or something to describe the new features which I understand to be pretty awesome. I'm simply waiting to hear from him and if it's as great as he says I'll send him some cash.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/11/11 01:24 PM

$495 ? WOW

this better be 1 JAMMIN update.

does this $495 include that hardware modification of the additional RAM for the new sounds, samples, etc

last i hear this AJAMSONIC was going to come in 3 flavors @ 3 prices...

still so much mystery and uncertainties exist for a product that's "done"

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/11/11 02:51 PM

This would probably make the guiness book of world records as
THE most expensive keyboard update EVER !!!
Posted by: abacus

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/11/11 03:20 PM

This would probably make the guiness book of world records as
THE most expensive keyboard update EVER !!!

Not really

The update from the PA1x to the PA2x and then the PA3x, or the Tyros to the Tyros 2 then to the Tyros 3 and then to the Tyros 4 was way more expensive. (As are all updates that require you to buy a new board to get them)

Bill

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/11/11 03:47 PM

Bill you are talking one keyboard to another NEW model keyboard

I'm talking AUDYA to AUDYA, not SD1 to AUDYA

i'm talking update on SAME keyboard
not a brand new model

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/11/11 04:05 PM

Ahhh ... but Ketron (just like other major brands) does offer free upgrades at www.ketron.com

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/11/11 06:23 PM

AJ

The Ketron Pen is not free. smile
Posted by: filipelou

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/12/11 01:33 AM

yes,software versions, all the keyboards have for free in all brands
Posted by: abacus

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/12/11 02:19 AM

Bill you are talking one keyboard to another NEW model keyboard

I'm talking AUDYA to AUDYA, not SD1 to AUDYA

i'm talking update on SAME keyboard
not a brand new model

The Korg PA2x through to the PA3x and Tyros2 through to Tyros 4 are not new models, (Although the manufactures would like you to think they are, however it’s a very rare occurrence for a manufacture to come out with a brand new model) they are just more advanced versions of the PA1x & Tyros. (As are most manufactures (So called) new models)

Bill

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/12/11 05:35 AM

The Pen is software
No physical hardware is installed into Audya with Pen
Pen is inserted. Software is installed
Pen is removed

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/12/11 05:41 AM

Bill Tyros 2-4
of course these are new models
you saying the hardware is same inside T2 and T4?
Memory same?
Body is same?

Come on, these are new models, not like a AJAM or Pen update at all

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/12/11 11:06 AM

Hey LeeZone,

The question about model differences especially with Yamaha is really open to opinion.

Yes, maybe a little different case, some different colored buttons, but to my ear , really not any substantial improvements in overall sound. I had a PSR 1000 and the differences between that and the Tyros 3 in sound quality wasn't much.

Personally, I like the 1000 better than the Tyros3.

The Tyros4 added some cool doo woop voices to many of their styles and maybe some slight improvements to some of their solo voices. Does a few changes mean it's a new model?

Yamaha could have accomplished the same thing with a software upgrade for the Tyros3. Instead you have to go spend another $4,000 to move up one number.

Don't get me wrong, Yamaha makes some really great arrangers.

I just like the fact that Ketron offers great new stuff for $60 instead of $4,999 again.

Yes, obviously Ketron has it's problems, but I think the Audya is worth the aggravation.

Now, Korg's Kronos, that's a new model, and a pretty exciting workstation from what I've seen and heard. Next year, I'll be adding one to my array.

In the meantime, when it FINALLY gets here, Ketron's upgrade will kick up the fun factor even higher. smile

Jim

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/12/11 12:11 PM

And if AJs AJAM ever gets here
it will kick it up even more, maybe, perhaps, well see

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/12/11 03:07 PM

... and AJAM will include the Pen Drive (popular demand had us cave in to this one) ...

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/12/11 04:13 PM

AJ

please give us details on AJAM...
still 3 versions?
hardware modifications?
price?
ETA?

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/13/11 07:50 AM

So AJ - if the PenDrive is included in AJAM, that can only mean that Ketron is in on the AJAMSONIC project (as I predicted a while back)???
Swapping over hard drives is not a job all owners can undertake - will local Ketron distributors handle the hard drive exchange/installation??
Looking forward to demos. Carl

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/14/11 06:20 AM

Details on AJAMSONIC please...
And the countdown is now at...

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/14/11 03:18 PM

so basically for those thinking about getting BOTH the Pen and AJAMSONIC, you just need to buy AJAMSONIC

for those now with Pen thinking about getting AJAMSONIC
i guess you spent the $$$ for nothing

would have been nice to know beforehand

to me makes no difference, as i have neither

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/14/11 03:26 PM

I don't either, but it is only because the pen hasn't arrived at my dealer. Otherwise, I would have doubled up,depending on what AJ's choices are.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/14/11 04:10 PM

i can't see Ketron being cool with combining their Pen update with AJ's update

unless of course it's Ketron that's selling/promoting it
or Ketron is getting a kickback for every AJAMSONIC/PEN update sold

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/14/11 10:59 PM

Leezone,

I am not certain what is going on are you, is AJ saying he is getting one new pen from Ketron making copies of this on his pen and adding AJAMSONIC to the pen also, if this is the case you are getting a copy of the new styles from Ketron, I am confused. It the same old problem isn't it and it won't go away, history repeating itself. Is it really worth it for AJ to do this, how many copies will he sell in the USA, 10, BTW not to be confused with countdown!!!

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/14/11 11:18 PM

Tony

i don't know what, when , where, how, who, why,

i do know what AJAMSONIC could really use a bit more of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mie9hhQTUM

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/15/11 01:05 AM

Got it Cowbell!

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/15/11 02:59 AM

Ok guys,what are you expect from moderator of this site who cant spend a feu minutes to help Ketron users who nead some help or advice?I dont exspect nothing...To much countdouns.
For AJAMSONIC we must weight a long,long time...(I talk about video presentation not about Styles and Sounds)

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/15/11 05:34 AM

Leezone,

Its all got past a joke now and frankly I don't know why you bother, it will come when it comes and nothing on this earth will make it come any quicker, if it comes at all. I wouldn't hold my breath, you may well end up dead if you do! All you Audya owners be grateful for what you have got and be truly thankful.

Tony

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/16/11 08:25 AM

I've been in contact with AJ. One reason for the delay is that they keep coming up with more great features to add. Also, I believe they had to wait on a shipment of new chips from Italy.
This is somewhat hearsay, but I believe it is accurate.
DonM

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/16/11 08:36 AM

Don what kind of chips? Poker chips? lol

thanks for info

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/16/11 09:45 AM

Hi Leezone,

I'll bet on that cry, if DonM is right and they keep adding software you will never get the pen!

Tony

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/16/11 10:07 AM

i just hope the audio loop timings are fixed
and that we get some more RAM

what new features can AJ be adding? MICRO EDITING, note-by-note ???

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/16/11 10:12 AM

Leezone,

How are we going to get more memory, that's a hardware fix, you are drilling down too deep now. Asking for the sky, the moon and the stars.

Regards

Tony

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/16/11 10:18 AM

AJ mentioned there would be a hardware modification required or as option for AJAMSONIC so all these new loops, sounds, etc, can fit

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/16/11 10:21 AM

Rusty talked about this hardware mod here:

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread...ADES#Post311702

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/16/11 11:45 AM

AJ mentioned there would be a hardware modification required or as option for AJAMSONIC so all these new loops, sounds, etc, can fit

What sort of modification is AJ talking about, you start messing inside the Audya and your dead in the water, you will end up with a pile of scrap. I've been there.

Just leave the the audya as it is, what wrong with it anyway.

Lets just have an imaginary COUNTDOWN you start it Leezone. dancers here's three to start with. rotfl

Tony

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/16/11 01:11 PM

Tony

are you being pessimistic?
AJ will deliver

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/16/11 03:25 PM

You cannot COPY the pen drives. We've purchased about 47 (based on current AJAMSONIC orders - if more is needed, more will be purchased) and we will include these with the AJAMSONIC upgrade!

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/16/11 03:47 PM

Is it possible to order the product already? even though it's not ready yet and we don't know its content and options?

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/16/11 04:05 PM

I don't know how anyone can order a product
with so few details and without ever seeing or hearing it.
I mean I don't even think I've seen any official pricing yet

no video demos. No audio demos
and yet we have 47 buyers.? If so great AJ

Am I being pessimistic myself perhaps?

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/16/11 04:16 PM

only 47 Audya owners in the US?

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/16/11 04:34 PM

Yes, only 47
and we are all buying AJAMSONIC

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/16/11 04:59 PM

It's 48 now - this week I'm going to get my Audya eventually.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/16/11 05:02 PM

quick Leibniz,
your countdown is at 7 smile

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/16/11 05:05 PM

it went down to 5 recently though smile

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/16/11 05:36 PM

what went down to 5?

your AUDYA purchase or AJAMSONIC?

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/16/11 05:42 PM

AJ said AJAMSONIC countdown is 5 as far as I remember. The Audya is currently on the way to me through UPS smile

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/16/11 07:34 PM

Leibniz

5 what?
what are the units of measurement?
5 means nothing...and means everything if you know what i mean

i'm sure you'll love the AUDYA

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/16/11 07:45 PM

I know it's being a long time now but would rather have it latter than sooner if latter means it will come as full and complete upgrade with additional features, live sounds, AI etc.

It's quite sure I'll love it (or so I hope)... went to Frank's store before the purchase because I'm not into blind dates...

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/16/11 08:09 PM

you're not into blind dates...
but you're gonna buy AJAMSONIC?

please explain

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/16/11 09:17 PM

lol smile
I'm not going to order the AJAMSONIC upgrade before reading the precise specifications and listening to the demos. But considering the time it takes to release it, it will likely be worthwhile to purchase, assuming a reasonable price.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/16/11 10:38 PM

Hi Guys.

(1) I am surprised there are 47 Audyas in the USA, I thought it was much lower (2) AJ ignored my comments on Audya memory or did you miss that (3) If there are 47 Audya owners in the USA only around 4 are on SZ, funny, they must just view SZ or don't know about it, shame on them. (4) How many Audya dealers are there in the USA. You must admit, it's a ball of fun when Audya updates are afoot. It's like waiting fro the grim reaper, never mind keeps you on your toes.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/17/11 05:43 AM

Tony

AJ said is prepping 47 ajamsonics
he did not say there were 47 audya owners
I said that with sarcasm

Lebnitz. Are you willing to dish out another $400-$500 for an update?
Because that's what I THINK it will cost you.

I really hope Ajamsonic has a reaaly good cowbells sound because
guess what?
I've got a fever... And the only prescription is more cowbell

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/17/11 07:04 PM

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/21/11 01:01 AM

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/21/11 05:16 AM

Yes, that's correct AJ, it's 4 months to go berfore it's X-Mas again ...... laugh

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/21/11 11:35 AM

We all get AJAMSONIC for free for X-mas

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/21/11 02:32 PM

Only fresh air is free Leezone, pipe dreams.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/22/11 05:49 AM

Just got back from Punta Cana
Is the countdown still at 4?

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/22/11 05:54 PM

Yes, it still is.

Also, taking into consideration some concerns of our dealers and distributors, we WON'T be offering the Ketron USB pen upgrade with the AJAMSONIC package, and thus also not forcing others to get what they don't need/want. This inturn gives our customers more choises to choose from.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/22/11 06:20 PM

AJ,

i think that is a good idea
but please lower the price now since it's not included :-)

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/22/11 06:27 PM

AJ, don't you have to use the features that come with the pen in your upgrade?

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/22/11 06:38 PM

i think AJ's AJAMSONIC will have the OS itself, like bugfixes, new features, menus etc. but
NOT the new sounds,
NOT the new loops,
NOT the new styles,

correct AJ?

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/22/11 07:27 PM

Leezone.

Correct. What the PenDrive has (which I won't include) are the 42 new styles and 4 new sounds (or there about).

It will however include:-
* new audio drum loops to replace existing factory drum loops which will assist in resolving timing issues.
* over 650 additional drum loops with both STUDIO LIVE and PERFORMANCE LIVE DRUMS.
* over 30 new AJAMSONIC Sounds %%%
* new features in the OS (like GUITAR MODE ... etc)
* no more timing issues with styles... hence the new AUDIO DRUMS you will have to load/replace existing audio drums
* Better balance factory styles
* Arpeggio (both new which can be used by style engine or played with the lead voice),..

plus lots more.

%%% The new sounds are divided into groups/banks. To load ALL and use together, you will have to purchase the optional expanion memory chip. Without this purchase, you can only load 1 sound bank at a time. With this chip, all sounds can be loaded and accessed at once. It's up to you the customer to determin how you want to access these sounds. The full package (which also extends the warantee) will include this chip.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/23/11 03:12 AM

AJ
You mentioned early on that you were improving the Leslie DSP. Did you ?

Bernie

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/23/11 05:42 AM

Bernie9,

Yes ... but in the new Organ voices. Unfortunately, altering the factory voices to achieve such would have involved a lot more work so we simply added new Organ samples (besides, quite a few had complained about some of the Factory Organ voices too). Then we tweeked the way the Leslie (slow and fast) alter the new voices. I think you'll be pleased with the results.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/23/11 05:48 AM

Aj you say
new audio drum loops to replace existing factory drum loops which will assist in resolving timing issues.

So we still have same original drum loops.
But just their timings fixes?

I could see people not wanting to change the actual loops that came original

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/23/11 06:53 PM

These few replacement loops in question are for the factory styles, not the additional styles which come with their own 600+ loops.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/23/11 08:21 PM

So AJ

can you recap the AJAMSONIC options
if there are 2 or 3?

if all options come with all content all styles all sounds all loops?
just difference being how many banks can be loaded
what is the hardware mod. And do you have to do it and how much RAM is the new chip?

also the prices of all 2 or 3 options.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/29/11 01:23 PM

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/29/11 01:38 PM

3 options?
or countdown is at 3? smile

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/30/11 10:24 AM

Leezone,

I am amazed how so much can be written about nothing. The only thing that makes any sense in the countdown, why because me and you know they never work.

Tony

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/30/11 10:33 AM

Tony

sit back and relax !!!

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/30/11 02:12 PM

3 is the count down. Check your email later tonight for ....

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/30/11 02:29 PM

thanks AJ

Tony,
you sitting?
you relaxing?
now countdown, 3-2-1, 3-2-1, 3-2-1....

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/30/11 08:40 PM

Lee,

Check your email and get back to me ..

Thanks,

AJ

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/30/11 10:18 PM

Dont forget me Aj??

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/30/11 10:53 PM

Hell AJ,

I didn't think it was 3 hours, life is getting much better AJ , there is light at the end of that tunnel.

You lucky lucky lucky boy Leezone and that only 3.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/31/11 01:51 PM

What did i miss here tony ????? Did I miss the Launch ? ??
damn !!

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 08/31/11 02:56 PM

Still at 3
you did not miss launch. Maybe lunch. Lol
Posted by: pastroccio

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 09/22/11 03:19 AM

I really don't understand :
- maybe I forgot or loose something to read?
- where is the ketron AJ project ?
- I see only many count down for months, but nothing
- some months ago was ready, only to put some video demos
and now ?
what appended ?
maybe I don't understand english ? I forgot ?
please AJ tell me the real true, when you put the demo online ?
not -6 -4 count down without specific if is days or years !
thanks
I'm waiting because want re program my audya and wait if before install your pack
where is it ?

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 09/22/11 03:50 AM

I have given up expecting anything. It is easier that way.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 09/22/11 05:38 AM

Bernie

patience is virtue

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 09/23/11 05:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Bernie9
I have given up expecting anything. It is easier that way.

Bernie. The only man who knows around these parts

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 09/23/11 06:50 AM

All I know is that AJ probably has more at stake getting his programs to market than anyone, and is probably more frustrated.

However, he is not about to fall into the trap of releasing too early, like someone else we know.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 09/23/11 07:01 AM

AJAMSONIC would make a great stocking stuffer !!!

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 09/27/11 05:45 AM

I think the reason AJAMSONIC is taking longer than expected is that
people like me keep asking for more and more features. smile
so in the end, the upgrade will be even better than initially anticipated.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 09/27/11 07:35 AM

There you go. Think positive, especially when you have no control of the situation.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 09/27/11 09:11 AM

Bernie

i may have no control of the situation
but perhaps i have some know of the situation

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 09/27/11 10:18 AM

Really ?

Please pass it on.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 09/27/11 01:29 PM

all i can say is that AJ is hard at work
and things are sounding good

it will be out when it's ready, not a day before

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 09/27/11 02:01 PM

As it should be.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 09/29/11 11:10 PM

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 09/30/11 01:45 PM

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 10/01/11 11:27 AM

He's off again! Geeez

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 10/02/11 07:08 AM

No AJ is not off
he is hard at work. Lol

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 10/02/11 10:13 AM

Be one now then Leezone??

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 10/02/11 12:00 PM

maybe 1 1/2 Tony...

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 10/02/11 02:17 PM

I got Tony. That was funny.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 10/02/11 10:10 PM

maybe 1 1/2 Tony...

Do you mean 1.5 Leezone we need to get it right for the mass of clients waitng for the AJAMSONIC, ready with their pennies, bucks then there is no one in the UK going to buy it, most are happy with what they've got.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 10/03/11 05:41 AM

Last I checked, 1 1/2 Was equal to 1.5
but what would I know after 4 years of calculus?

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 10/03/11 12:17 PM

i have a feeling that AJAMSONIC will be released the day before the day after it's ready...

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 10/18/11 07:27 PM

1 (ONE)!!!!!

Almost there folks .... get ready, set .....

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 10/19/11 12:07 PM

so while you wait, have fun with this
will you solve it before AJAMSONIC is here?

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 10/20/11 05:48 AM

Tony

Did you finish the puzzle yet?
Hurry up, Ajamsonic is catching up to you.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 11/20/11 01:16 PM

What happened here ????

Has the Ajam been released and I missed it ????????/

ANYONE?????

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 11/21/11 02:18 AM

No, still on one Rusty

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 11/21/11 09:32 AM

Leezone,

AJAMSONIC due out on the 12th of Never , AJ named a new month just for you, your Ketron won't be working when AJAMSONIC is released. You won't listen to me any of you, you will see I am right.

BTW I will have plenty of time to do the puzzle and I will still give AJ 6 months lead start.

Tony
Posted by: Nigel

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 11/21/11 11:50 PM

Why are you attacking AJ Tony? You should be contacting Ketron instead. Any problems you are having aren't AJ's responsibility.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 11/22/11 01:01 PM

I agree with Nigel, Tony!

We forum members that own the Audya all know of and most have experienced some degree of problems. I personally have had my share.

However, other than a occasional Left Output problem at boot up, my Audya has performed flawlessly for almost a year now. I don't even take my Tyros3 with me anymore. I'm performing six and sometimes seven nights a week including several afternoon matinees.

I Love everything the Audya has to offer. The compliments I receive on it are endless. Personally I wouldn't trade it for any keyboard.

If you and Skude and others continue to have MAJOR problems and COMPLAINTS, you really should arrange with Ketron to send them your Audya's and have them repaired once and for all.

Your ongoing negative posting's here have been enough. Slamming Ketron, Aj and the Audya have accomplished nothing obviously.

If you feel you need to say negative things to Leezone, send him a private email.

Let's make an effort to make this forum an enjoyable place to visit again!

No offence meant, Tony.

Jim
Posted by: Tonewheeldude

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 11/22/11 03:47 PM

Jim - very good post, thank you.

But actually I have to defend Tony here Jim & Nigel (yes its true!!!) as I think you misunderstood his post. He has discovered the enlightened truth that Ketron and AJ are not one and the same, AJ is a customer of Ketron Italy and some of you in turn are his customers. Nothing in Tony's post indicated he has any problems with Ketron or his Audya, therefore has no cause to contact Ketron. He is simply suspicious that the workshops of AJAMSONIC may be located in Nephelokokkygia wink

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 11/22/11 09:25 PM

Thanks TWD I don't have any problems with my Audya as you rightly suggest and I would not dream of loading anything on to my Audya that I think would compromise it and pay good money for it to boot. I would suggest to anyone who has got an Audya to do the same, only install onto an Audya software that was produced by Ketron. If anyone out there thinks that a third party not fully connected with Ketron can tinker and fix problems they can tinker again. I think all the software problems that Ketron had in the early days have gone, If your Audya sounds good then just my advice leave it alone, there is no magic panacea software written by anyone that can fix anything on an Audya so stop dreaming. There is an old UK saying, "A little Knowledge can do a lot of harm "

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 11/22/11 10:11 PM

Originally Posted By: NiteLife
I agree with Nigel, Tony!

We forum members that own the Audya all know of and most have experienced some degree of problems. I personally have had my share.

However, other than a occasional Left Output problem at boot up, my Audya has performed flawlessly for almost a year now. I don't even take my Tyros3 with me anymore. I'm performing six and sometimes seven nights a week including several afternoon matinees.

I Love everything the Audya has to offer. The compliments I receive on it are endless. Personally I wouldn't trade it for any keyboard.

If you and Skude and others continue to have MAJOR problems and COMPLAINTS, you really should arrange with Ketron to send them your Audya's and have them repaired once and for all.

Your ongoing negative posting's here have been enough. Slamming Ketron, Aj and the Audya have accomplished nothing obviously.

If you feel you need to say negative things to Leezone, send him a private email.

Let's make an effort to make this forum an enjoyable place to visit again!

No offence meant, Tony.

Jim

Jim.

I'm Ok with what you say, I don't know how my mail got out of kilter, my Audya is fantastic and I intend to leave it that why, if you noticed me and Leezone have opposite thoughts about what is going on here, but on a more serious note I don't know of anyone who has access to high level code of Ketron software, IMO only I would not put any software written by anyone on my Audya if you or Leezone or anyone do it is at your own peril. The Audya is a bespoke bit of kit, there have been problems, any booting problems I think you will find is hardware.

Good luck with your Audya Jim.

Tony

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 11/23/11 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
I think you misunderstood his post. He has discovered the enlightened truth that Ketron and AJ are not one and the same

That is exactly what prompted my post. I thought most of us were aware that AJ and Ketron were not one. We should be encouraging AJ as he is working to make the Audya more useful. Criticizing his efforts seems like a negative not a positive move. I have met AJ a number of times when he was demoing Ketron products ( as an official Ketron representative at NAMM ) and he is very sincere and knows how to get the most out of Ketron arrangers.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 11/23/11 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Nigel
I think you misunderstood his post. He has discovered the enlightened truth that Ketron and AJ are not one and the same

That is exactly what prompted my post. I thought most of us were aware that AJ and Ketron were not one. We should be encouraging AJ as he is working to make the Audya more useful. Criticizing his efforts seems like a negative not a positive move. I have met AJ a number of times when he was demoing Ketron products and he is very sincere and knows how to get the most out of Ketron arrangers.

I agree !!!!!!...

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 11/24/11 12:26 PM

Tony may well be sceptical about ajamsonic specifications (dual hard drives for instance) but AJ's count is now at one so time will tell.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/01/11 01:50 AM

But, there's users in USA who already have it Tony--in fact I believe they have had it quite a while. They are on a different forum and I have seen several posts from them. At the end of the day its ketron who were at fault for releasing an unfinished product and it has taken AJ and his team until now to try cure all the flaws that we all inherited when buying Audya. Hope all is well with you
Regards
Rusty

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/01/11 07:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Rusty 999
But, there's users in USA who already have it Tony--in fact I believe they have had it quite a while. They are on a different forum and I have seen several posts from them. At the end of the day its ketron who were at fault for releasing an unfinished product and it has taken AJ and his team until now to try cure all the flaws that we all inherited when buying Audya. Hope all is well with you
Regards
Rusty

You must still have version 1.0 on your Audya Rusty? (which model do you own?) Here in the UK we have had no problems since the very stable version 2.0 some years back now.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/01/11 08:49 PM

Regards
Rusty

Rusty

I don't think you are right Rusty, I doubt if AJ has a team sweating away writing code for the Audya, finished it and not gone Global,
not that England or Ireland is going global, anyway see if you can find AJAMSONIC anywhere for us, BTW if AJAMSONIC was available the first man on the planet to get it would be Leezone and he's gone off radar, maybe that’s where he is trying out AJAMSONIC.

Happy Days Rusty

PS How many Euros is an Audya now and have still got an Audya?

Regards

Tony

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/02/11 06:00 AM

Tony, Rusty is correct.

There is an accordionist named Mel, who post on The Solton Group at yahoogroups.com who has it installed in his Audya 4!

I've communicated with Mel briefly about the installation, however he doesn't give out much info. He does say that the overall release of AJAMSONIC will happen when the DVD tutorial is complete.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/02/11 07:39 AM

Thanks Don,

Thats interesting, I dare not ask when for fear of Leezone going hyper.

Cheers Don

Regards

Tony

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/02/11 09:14 AM

Leezone! you mean the cool, calm, collected Leezone who posts on this forum?? Not a chance!

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/02/11 09:47 AM

i've been away on vacation for the last week
i know nothing about AJAMSONIC
patiently awaiting its release like the rest of you
if reasonably priced AND is a significant improvement, i'll buy
otherwise, i will keep my A4 as is

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/06/11 12:13 AM

0 0 0 0 0 !!! AT LAST!!!!

It's here and will be demonstrated later today (12/06/2011 from 3-6 at CMC in Brooklyn NY (USA).

Workshops are currently in the works for other areas in the US and CANADA.

Sorry for the short notice but ... (I got this late too).

More information here:-

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/334153#Post334153

Thanks.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/06/11 07:15 AM

ye,

that's last minute alright
would have been great to be able to attend,
but leaving work last minute is not gonna happen
i think you guys should schedule one in NY again with plenty of notice
otherwise how is anyone expected to attend?

can you guys provide a Live Feed from the event today? AJ?

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/06/11 09:25 AM

0 0 0 0 0 !!! AT LAST!!!!

It's here and will be demonstrated later today (12/06/2011 from 3-6 at CMC in Brooklyn NY (USA).

Workshops are currently in the works for other areas in the US and CANADA.

Sorry for the short notice but ... (I got this late too).

More information here:-

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/334153#Post334153

Thanks.

Leezone no wonder you couldn't get the countdown right it was in 5 digits, look at the top line.

Doh!!!

Tony

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/06/11 03:39 PM

Tony, here is a quote from one of the guys using it now :

Just a few words about the AJAMSONIC upgrade from AJ for the Audya series. The intros, endings, and arrangements he has put into this are truly amazing. They totally blow away anything that ketron ever drempt of including. I would swear there is a real live band inside of my audya 4 now. The sounds are that realistic. How he did it, I can't even begin to guess. Another great feature is that when you change arrangements from A to B, or C, or D, the lead instrument and its setting changes also, sometimes to voices that didn't even exist before, and all are great. The number of mp3s and midis he installed blew my mind. It must have taken him untold hours just to do that. Many of the midis also have the scrolling lyrics that we like. Some have the chords displayed on the screen as well.

Its out there !!

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/06/11 10:21 PM

leezone,

I just wanted to get the approval 'blessing' of CMC (which I did get) so it wasn't actually a 'workshop', however at the last minute, I felt it 'ok' to invite the public.

I am working on an actual Workshop in NY and will advise everyone of this two weeks in advance (probably after New Years as many seem to get busy from now until then - unless you guys state otherwise .... LET ME KNOW!

We did get some (18 in total ~ not too high) attendance today and I must admit it was interesting to actually have one user bring in an AUDYA so they could be compared side by side. Some tried to simply plug in a USB stick with their MIDI files and the expression on everyone's face is what impressed me - Songs coming to live even more. Others were a little overwhelmed with some new features so I suggested they wait for the DVD tutorial. Others didn't like the fact that the articulation was all controlled with touch, velocity and automation (they prefered a dedicated button - my response to that was this method took away from 'playing' but it was noted. Many loved the new styles, over all mild compression of parts (including 'loud' lead voices), ... etc. Quit a few expressed the fact that finally we were able to get our 'stereo imaging' right [yes, to enjoy this we recommend runing through 2 speakers!]. The new 'tamed' Big Band and Polka style got a few interested, while some were more interested in the new Latin and Dance ... (yes, Dance style you can finally use) styles. The best response came from showing the Guitar mode, New synth, Pad and Guitar sounds and new styles (especially with the new Drums and Arps).

That's the run down for now. Not sure how many from Synth Zone showed up but I believe most came from the other forums.

Thanks,

AJ

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/06/11 11:17 PM

Just a few words about the AJAMSONIC upgrade from AJ for the Audya series. The intros, endings, and arrangements he has put into this are truly amazing. They totally blow away anything that ketron ever drempt of including. I would swear there is a real live band inside of my audya 4 now. The sounds are that realistic. How he did it, I can't even begin to guess. Another great feature is that when you change arrangements from A to B, or C, or D, the lead instrument and its setting changes also, sometimes to voices that didn't even exist before, and all are great. The number of mp3s and midis he installed blew my mind. It must have taken him untold hours just to do that. Many of the midis also have the scrolling lyrics that we like. Some have the chords displayed on the screen as well.

Its out there !!

Rusty,

I bought my Audya 2 years back because it sounded like a real band and so did everybody else, that was the pinicle buying an Audya, now are we saying it was not the best and with AJAMSONIC it is now the best, where are we all going, when will it all end, MARS!!

Rusty, would you swap your two boxes of ordinary soap power for one box of DAZ.

Regards

Tony

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/07/11 07:16 AM

AJ,

when can we expect to see some demoes of all this?
audio, video, dvd,??

what's the countdown at for this? smile

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/07/11 07:48 AM

Aj,you must sell your package to Ketron,and Ketron produce the Audyaplus,then i will buy it,do it quickly Frankfurter Messe is, comes around march april 2012.
Audyaplayer.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/07/11 11:47 AM

I agree with you Tony and I hate to go harping back to what I said in the beginning about all of this. A large proportion of users had problems with audya and it should never have been released to the market until all the flaws were ironed out. We were used a unpaid beta testers after paying BIG bucks for what was a flawed product. AJ recognized this and went about ironing out the problems. He posted a list as long as your arm of the changes that were needed to improve Audya. I have no idea if he managed to rectify all of them. I'm not even sure if I want to go back and try audya again, but if I did I would be buying one with Ajs upgrades so I think it would be in ketrons interest to make sure they include it in any future audya they sell.
But, knowing how they operate I would say thats unlikely to happen.
Hope its all going well Tony.
Rusty

Its out there !!

Rusty,

I bought my Audya 2 years back because it sounded like a real band and so did everybody else, that was the pinicle buying an Audya, now are we saying it was not the best and with AJAMSONIC it is now the best, where are we all going, when will it all end, MARS!!

Rusty, would you swap your two boxes of ordinary soap power for one box of DAZ.

Regards

Tony

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/07/11 02:11 PM

sorry Rusty999 but your statement is completely untrue. Version 1.0 was by no means the best operating system because new features have since been added. Just about all of the problems in those early days were due to:

1) user error and a failing to understand the nature of an instument like the Audya. Almost all of those early issues were due to people connecting their computers and deleting stuff they should not have - a number even formatted the hard drive in an attempt to get it back to factory condition. Things that just do not happen now.

2) poor retailer/distributor support, sometimes because the owner had purchased from outside of their country, sometimes because the distributor/retailer also lacked good product knowledge

I know this for a fact because I am the Service manager for the UK distributor of Ketron so had to deal with EVERY single issue in this country, as well as some in other countries. I have the serial number of every Audya in the UK along with cross referenced information on upgrades and warranty/user error repairs & support for each and every Audya.

My good friend Tony's problems (which I am sure you remember) were nothing to do with the keyboard but originally caused by his retailer setting up the Audya with a laptop that had no AC adapter, power failing taking out system files on the hard disk.

I am not taking anything away from AJ, simply correcting your innacurate statement.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/08/11 01:49 AM

Sorry Tonywheeliedude but your statement is completely untrue

Myself and two other users -one In Uk and one in Ireland had very similar problems with the audya and believe me we are not novices when it comes to gear and also pro studio equipment.

None of the audya I am talking about were earlier versions. Mine was only a month old when i found that it started blowing fuses and it turned out that ketron had been fitting the power supply too high in the casing of the Audya 4 and it was shorting out. Great Design-- Not !!

Another user in Finland had the exact same problem but that was only one of many problems.

No one that i know of was silly enough to delete or format their hard drive

Thats an old Cherry of yours --blame it on User Error--I have seen you use it here several times and it doesn't wash anymore--the audya was and probably still is deeply flawed!! How can you say my statement is inaccurate when dozens of users are having problems. I can see its in your interest to fly the flag for ketron but dont try blame Ketrons poor quality control on the USERS. You are not the only one who was born with a brain and we are very capable of deciding whether something is the fault of the user OR the fault of the manufacturer. AJ outlined in a post here exactly what the flaws and faults were in the Audya and i'm not talking about version 1.0 . Why do you think it took him and his team over 9 months to iron out the problems. Personally I would recommend that anyone buying an audya should make sure its an audya with his upgrades included. A lot of users felt that they were stuck with it and had to make the most of it but at least now theres light at the end of the tunnel but its a pity someone like AJ who saw so many bad points in Audya that he was prompted into spending the best part of a year fixing ketrons problems.
Sorry tony but you need to get your facts right and you must be living with rose coloured glasses if you think Audya was a product that was ready to be launched on the unsuspecting public. It was NoT ready and if this was another company they would have been forced to Recall their stock until it was fit for purpose--And audya was not fit for purpose !!

sorry Rusty999 but your statement is completely untrue. Version 1.0 was by no means the best operating system because new features have since been added. Just about all of the problems in those early days were due to:

1) user error and a failing to understand the nature of an instument like the Audya. Almost all of those early issues were due to people connecting their computers and deleting stuff they should not have - a number even formatted the hard drive in an attempt to get it back to factory condition. Things that just do not happen now.

2) poor retailer/distributor support, sometimes because the owner had purchased from outside of their country, sometimes because the distributor/retailer also lacked good product knowledge

I know this for a fact because I am the Service manager for the UK distributor of Ketron so had to deal with EVERY single issue in this country, as well as some in other countries. I have the serial number of every Audya in the UK along with cross referenced information on upgrades and warranty/user error repairs & support for each and every Audya.

My good friend Tony's problems (which I am sure you remember) were nothing to do with the keyboard but originally caused by his retailer setting up the Audya with a laptop that had no AC adapter, power failing taking out system files on the hard disk.

I am not taking anything away from AJ, simply correcting your innacurate statement.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/08/11 02:40 AM

Sorry Nigel - i don't want to take over the thread, and this will be my last post on the subject.

Rusty999. i know the person in the UK - he lives in Scotland and brought the Audya module from Thomann so we could not assist. I felt sorry for him, but nothing I could do.

FYI. I have the very first Audya 4 module to come out of the factory here in the showroom (we use it as our demo unit and it has not been modified.), in fact we in the UK had the first shipment worldwide so all of our initial order were from that very first run. I'm sorry you had a problem, but its a huge leap to state the entire first Audya 4 production run had the same issue - it did not.

I do realise you have did have a genuine and isolated problem and rightly feel annoyed. But I must point out, had all of those initial Audya modules been at fault Ketron would have been legally required to make a complete product recall - plus they would not have passed the very strict and extensive European certification tests in the first case.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/08/11 05:36 AM

Rusty,

TWD is right with regard to my KB, I suppose you can say with any new produce there are going to be problems, one real problem appears to be where you buy your KB from I know that if you buy your KB in the UK TWD will travel the length and breadth of the UK to put it right if you have a problem, certainly from what you have seen on SZ this is not the case for everyone who ever bought an Audya, the only fault I see if the is one is Ketron giving a dealership to people who don’t have the ability to put things right if they go wrong.(this is not aimed at one person there have been a few) I think things have settled down as you would expect and frankly as far as AJ software is concerned you need to see it , hear it and try, see if it falls over. How it will make any problems the Audya has right now, I am not clear, I don’t think there are any. Oh and BTW no one yet has seen the price for AJAMSONIC and that’s a bit frightening, why it’s been held back, the price I mean. The Audya is £4200 in the UK and frankly I can’t see anyone wanting to spend any more money once you buy one and IMO don’t really need to. My KB has worked perfectly for the last 2 years, I am sure people who still have problems will sort them out. If Skude had TWD on his door step his would be fixed, now that tells you all you want to know. If you buy a KB from Thomann for instance and there is nothing wrong with doing that, Ketron set them up with no boundaries, do not expect a door to door service, if any KB from them goes wrong you will need to send it back to them. I think AJ now needs to post the price list and let’s all know what it costs, especially LEEZONE who has been sat biting his finger nails for the last 18 month ,AJ has had a team working on it and wants a return on his investment, come on AJ.

Cheers Rusty

Tony

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/08/11 07:28 AM

Tonewheel & Rusty,

I just have to throw in my 2 cents worth here between your arguments. I can't comment on the Audya 4 module, however I can comment on the Audya and Ketron.

I believe I purchased one of the first Audya's here in the US. About three and a half years of hard playing and usage later, here are my thoughts.

I believe many of the problems several of us experienced with our Audya's was either a combination of, or separate issues with the following:

1. An Operating System that contained Glitches and was not perfected before it's release.

2. Isolated Hardware conflicts or defective parts.

3. Ketron's Quality Control.

4. Users attempts to Troubleshoot and correct problems themselves.

Personally, I experienced a combination of all of these. Thankfully with the help of my Dealer Frank, Tony and AJ and determination on my part, I was able to get my Audya functioning properly besides an occasional audio out glitch.

Despite the problems I've experienced, Playing the Audya professionally has taken me to the TOP of my game.

The Compliments, the Bookings, the Earnings and the FUN Factor has made it all worth while.

Over a course of 40 years playing professionally, I have owned and played Hammond's, Lowery's, Thomas, Wurlitzer's, Fender Rhodes, Baldwins, Technic's, Roland's, Yamaha's and Korg's.

The Audya is my First Ketron/Soltron product. I wouldn't trade it for ANY Keyboard.

I give Ketron the credit where credit is due. They are the ONLY Manufacture to my knowledge who Researched and Developed a Keyboard using LIVE AUDIO Percussion and Guitar technology. That LIVE BAND SOUND is what brings out my creativity and Musicianship on Stage.

With AJ's upgrade soon to become available, I can only imagine the outcome to be nothing less than Brilliant!

A SPECIAL THANKS to AJ for his R&D and Dedication to correct and improve Ketron's Short Comings!

Jim

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/08/11 08:43 AM

Jim,

Very well put and I would agree with everthing you have said, I got mine the same time as you and I too had problems, the Pa2x had blue leds that sent Korg crazy, any new product there will be problems but between use we managed to sort them out and Jim you were also bang on a lot of people fiddle and made matters worse. I come back the Frank and Skude and at the time I said a lot, IMO, Skude should never have bought the Audya from Frank and Frank should never sold it to Skude, but did either of them know what was going to happen NO. They both acted in good faith and Frank did his best, I can well imagine what happened in franks shop that day, Frank demoed the Skude he sat down played the Audya, blown away and there was no way the Skude was going back home without the Audya, we can all learn after the event, lets hope Skude does get it right, I hope the cable I sent fixes it, it did for me I had the same INT PHASE ERROR. AJ still waiting for that price.

Good Luck with your Audya Jim

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/08/11 04:11 PM

I mean lets face it, it took a leap of faith the buy Audya, I'm glad I did, the sounds are fantastic, best live sound ever. As far as AJ and the update, well we have waited soooooo loooong now, a few more days months or years won't make a difference, can't believe the official release has happened AJ, but on your site it still says comming soon for demo's. I, like many can't wait to hear and see it, but we want to know what it's all about. So please come on, give us something!

Thanks

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/08/11 09:14 PM

Sorry Nigel - i don't want to take over the thread, and this will be my last post on the subject.

lol TWD .. if you feel you need to respond or add more please do.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/08/11 11:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Robbo
I mean lets face it, it took a leap of faith the buy Audya, I'm glad I did, the sounds are fantastic, best live sound ever. As far as AJ and the update, well we have waited soooooo loooong now, a few more days months or years won't make a difference, can't believe the official release has happened AJ, but on your site it still says comming soon for demo's. I, like many can't wait to hear and see it, but we want to know what it's all about. So please come on, give us something!

Thanks

Robbo I like that " a leap of faith" thats the best explanation todate, and as you say, your right another year wait wouldn't matter, in fact just imagine if Ketron developed a new Audya, AJ might have to start all over again. The count would start all over again. Leezone would have retired. A the World keeps on turning.

Good luck in 2012 with your Audya

Regards

Tony
Posted by: skude

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/08/11 11:53 PM

Hi
I see my name comes up here from time to time, so here is an update on my Audya.
Pretty much the same. Drop out of left voice, sometimes no sound at all ( exit button light on) sometimes Int. phase error. A restart makes it work again, I'm getting so used to this, I'm starting to feel that's the way it should be. I have not done the latest update, have been very busy lately, and if something goes wrong I would be in big trouble. Tony was helpful, as always ,and sent me a new cable for the HD. I have two more weekends to play this year, than I have a few weeks off, and I will do the update and change the cable. I really hope that things will be better after that. I'm very interested in AJ's upgrade, can't wait to hear more from the AJamsonic.
skude

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/09/11 02:36 AM

Tony, I may be guessing here but I have seen the price of 750$ mentioned by a guy who is having it installed. Actually, I'm not sure if he is having it installed by AJ or doing it himself .
So, I guess we will have to wait until Ajs beta testers give it the thumbs up and he posts the price here.

Jim,

AJ still waiting for that price.

Good Luck with your Audya Jim

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/09/11 02:50 AM

TWD, Firstly let me just say that I think the guys in the UK are very lucky to have you as their support guy and I do mean that sincerely and from the post I read here they all recognize that as well. Its just a pity that Ketron themselves dont have someone like yourself who will go out of their way to provide support--they wont even answer emails or phone calls
If mine was an Isolated case I would be more than happy to acknowledge that fact but from speaking to several users I found they were experiencing the same problems and that is why I feel the way I do about Audya. My line of thinking when i bough the A4 was: well at least the Audya 5 has been around for a while and by now all the glitches will have been sorted out but how wrong I was on that score.
I havent seen Dusan post on here anymore but that poor chap was tearing his hair out and had sent his Audya keyboard back to ketron twice !! And it came back the same way every time.

Anyway, no hard feelings I hope and keep up the good work

Rusty

Rusty999. i know the person in the UK - he lives in Scotland and brought the Audya module from Thomann so we could not assist. I felt sorry for him, but nothing I could do.

FYI. I have the very first Audya 4 module to come out of the factory here in the showroom (we use it as our demo unit and it has not been modified.), in fact we in the UK had the first shipment worldwide so all of our initial order were from that very first run. I'm sorry you had a problem, but its a huge leap to state the entire first Audya 4 production run had the same issue - it did not.

I do realise you have did have a genuine and isolated problem and rightly feel annoyed. But I must point out, had all of those initial Audya modules been at fault Ketron would have been legally required to make a complete product recall - plus they would not have passed the very strict and extensive European certification tests in the first case.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/09/11 04:59 AM

Rusty,

I cannot disagree with something’s that you say and I think there are obvious reasons why things will always be difficult.
When you are buying from Ketron you are buying from a very small company, Italian, don't think anyone types brilliant English, is there a picture building up in your mind. There have been big gaps in development of products, little changes like SD1 and SD1+ but people still buying the products for the sound it makes. I don't see how you can get around it all, if you think you could get hold of all the directors from Ketron and shake them by the neck and it would make some difference then you are wrong, its manyana Italian style. If you are going to buy Ketron product then move to the UK. TWD knows their limitations and he will perhaps point the finger at the dealers and TWD is also a one off, pity. Thomann simply return any faulty kit back to Ketron, they don't have a TWD in a cupboard when things go wrong, they just sell boxes and are good at it.
Rusty I don't think there is a straight answer, buyer beware with two big BBs, Ketron are not on their own with this modus operandi. Anyway what have you got now Rusty, and BTW I think AJ will struggle to sell a £600.00 bolt on to anyone who as an Audya, I for one won't be buying it at that price. And it’s no use saying it will come down in price as the numbers go up, because there isn't any numbers to go up. AJ has tried hard but I wouldn't be going into a bolt on business for KB at this moment in time.

Good Luck Rusty with all you are trying to do

Regards

Tony

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/09/11 06:36 AM

I believe there are 3 different upgrade options
the lease expensive I THINK around $400
the most expensive I THINK around $1000
plus or minus $100

but the person with exact figures would be AJ

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/09/11 07:09 AM

Hi Skude,

I also continue to have the audio out problem. Left channel and sometime no sound at boot up. What is strange is when I bump the keyboard or lift the right side up an inch and drop it back down the channels come back. That is a sign of a connection problem.

When you have the keyboard apart again, check the wiring that goes from the sound card to the top half of the keyboard.

Pull the wiring plug off of the sound card and do you best to clean the male prongs on the sound card and the female plug that clips on them. Also see if you can trace the wire to where it connects to the top. If accessible, unplug and clean that also. I don't remember how big the prongs are, but if you can take a little piece of wet sandpaper and try to rough up the prongs. Or a small pocket knife blade and scratch on the prongs. Do your absolute best to achieve this with both ends of the wire including the female plugs. I believe the metal used is Aluminum and it will and does oxidize. Use whatever you can to bare some fresh metal. I know the plugs are small but figure out something you can get in there with.

The last time I had my Audya apart, I just unplugged the sound card wire and plugged it back in. I didn't clean it, however my output problem went away for a while.

I believe the problem lies with that wire connector.

I've been super busy also playing 6 & 7 nights a week. During X-Mas time off, I'm taking the Audya apart and will concentrate on that wire.

I do believe there is a little software glitch with the boot up process also. Possibly the phase error could be because of the wire connector? Who knows? It's worth a shot!!!

Good luck.

Happy Holidays.

Jim

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/09/11 10:05 AM

I cant belive haw some guys who ar close to Ketron company or just know something abaut Ketron (sorry Tony) can defend behawior who Ketron show to hes costumers....
Ones for good:Ketron is company who dosent haw any suport for hes coustomers!I dont know a company under that sun who dont want to talk with users and dont care what that user mean about hes product.
The poant of that tehnical world is make a good and applied product ewery day from begining.What ketron show:Audya76 who haw a not finish OS and many bugs.After this:Audya5,Audya modul,Audya8 and all with the same problems....
Haw no words about enymore...
Big companys can in some way to behawe like this,but smole on just cant!

And one more thig:
if we cant exspect some useful information from Ketron, whay are we all on this forum behawe the same way?
I dont mis any post when some person nead advice or dont know haw to load style on hes Audya.I am always preper to help if I know haw to solve a problem and in the same time want to recive advice from ather members if I nead.
On Ketron forum from MODERATOR who are close to Ketron and know all lAudya bugs must weighting for suport mounths for answer...
That is bad,realy bad...

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/09/11 02:00 PM

INT PHASE ERROR can be caused by the HD drive ribbon cable, I had taken the HD in and out about 20 times and every time you pull on that ribbon makes it come loose, if you look at the ribbon with the naked eye you will not see it, but with a magnifying glass you can see a gap that has appeared between the ribbon and the black clip, I made a new cable and no more INT PHASE ERRORS.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/11/11 01:43 AM

I believe there are 3 different upgrade options
the lease expensive I THINK around $400
the most expensive I THINK around $1000
plus or minus $100

but the person with exact figures would be AJ

The worrying part Leezone is that AJ has not come up with a purchase cost (exact figure)and no one has heard it yet, so what more can I say, you all take the pee out of Ketron about delaying tactics. Watch this space the count is ???? the more products and decisions the more countdowns.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/13/11 05:54 AM

Tony

Is AJAMSONIC your stocking stuffer this year?
Don't worry about price, just charge it, and worry about it next year

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/13/11 08:47 AM

If I were having something in stockings for Christmas....it wouldn't be this wink

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/13/11 10:20 AM

Leezone,

Like TWD I won't be buying it, Christmas this year or next and if AJ doesn't get his skates on people will loose confidence and will do the same. Frankly Leezone, its getting boring now, there’s only you and me find it funny, it's run so lonfg and turned full circle, everyone else is deadly serious about it, I can’t think why. 44,000 peeps and 300 posts must be a record, but still no price list!

Tony

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/14/11 05:55 AM

Tony

maybe you'll be blown away once you hear it
and you'll have no other choice but to buy

and you'll add some more letters to back of your keybooard

AUDYAWESOME

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/16/11 09:04 PM

Leezone,

What's another year, much to do about nothing!

Maybe 2012 will be a good one for you and the waiting world.

Nothing much going fast around here.

Regards

Tony

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/20/11 11:38 PM

Ajamsonic???????????????????nothing,christmas is coming,nice present for under the christmastree?
merry christmas and a happy new year.
Audyaplayer

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/21/11 08:58 AM

i don't think AJAMSONIC will work well under the X-mas tree
it may work best under the hood of the Audya...

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/21/11 11:57 AM

I think you are on your own now Leezone, good luck with it.

Tony

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/21/11 12:25 PM

At page 4 in this very tread (june 25) I wrote:

"It's not long before X-Mas...."
But I did not say what year. laugh laugh laugh

Cheers & Happy X-Mas.
GJ

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/22/11 11:44 AM

Silent Night!

49,000 peeps can't be right, something has happened to the hit counter.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/29/11 09:01 PM

More than likely AJ + team found 9 new problems which they are battling to cure before finally bouncing AJAM on to the market. Everything was declared 'just about ready' the week before last so clearly there's a hitch of some sort - perhaps not surprising given the size of the product. Anyway, better fixed now than when we're all trying to install and enjoy this upgrade - get your whip out AJ and keep your team pushing. Carl

Hey Carl,

" Just about ready " that was back in June and if I was to write this next week I would be saying back in June last year, you weren't by any chance looking at a AJ AJAMSONIC countdown were you,like me and Leezone, it must be some hitch? As Jonny Gunner said AJ didn't say which year. The problem I see is has Jonny said the Audya is an old KB and things are moving on in a very small market. If Ketron ever make a new KB it won't be like the Audya. If Korg could take some of the stuff out of the Audya and some out the T4 and have the looks of the Pa3x then there you would have a real KB that would be worth the cost of the Audya.

Lets hope 2012 will be a good year with new goodies, even leezone appears to be off radar now and perhaps moved on?

Happy New year all you Audya nuts.

Tony

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/30/11 01:06 AM

Hi Tony, thanks - just saw your post. When I started this thread last June I was full of hope of seeing AJAM shortly (as promised).I understand about getting software/hardware perfect, not an easy journey. However, 'what's the big difficulty about communicating on progress'?? Why all the 'secrecy' and silence - the intense and widespread frustration caused is surely unnecessary. If it's a flop - then 'say so', if there are problems 'say so', if there are delays 'say so'. But if you 'promise' product release shortly and then stay virtually silent for 7 months, you don't make many friends in this business, I believe. At this time I wish I hadn't trusted AJ and started this thread.
HAPPY New Year to all - have a much better 2012. Carl

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/30/11 02:06 AM

Carl,

Do you really think this thread has had 51,000 hits or is the counter been incrimented evertime AJ has add another COUNTER, if his sales go as well as the 51,000 he will need to change his name from AJ to (BR) Baron Rothschild. Oh happy days. Just sussed out the 51,500 hits, it's Leezone keeps looking every 5 mins to see if it's ready, like a turkey done in the oven (stove) or whatever! Just noticed our post counters are not going up, yours is stuck at 61

HNY Carl

Tony

BTW Where do you live Carl are you on Skype

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/31/11 10:38 AM

Happy Prosperous New Year 2012 ... which hopefully will start on a good foot!

A short moment of silence (and prayer) for those who didn't make it to 2012. May their souls and those of the faithfully departed rest in perfect peace.

AUDYA AJAMSONIC Demos ... at last can be found on this link ...

(www.4shared.com/folder/5JEjYZR6/AJAM_AUDIO_Demos.html).

The Password [when asked is] 'abc123'.

PLEASE LISTEN TO THESE THROUGH GOOD STEREO SPEAKERS (and a sub if available), OTHERWISE YOU WILL LOOSE A LOT OF DETAILS!!

Detailed Brochure can also be downloaded here...

Things to have in mind when/as you listen:-

1. Demos where done with the Deluxe Package - out of the box (the only thing the Deluxe package has not found in the others is the Vocal Hold feature. If you Click on PLAY rather than download, you will see a description of each file below.

2. I intentionally tried to play LESS so as to showcase more of the style and features and it's potentials in YOUR hands. In some cases, new features (e.g GUITAR MODE) where implemeted and if you listen to the audio guitar strum, you can tell where.

3. Many of these styles have been programmed with a length of 16-32 measures long in many cases so as to reduce redundancy in the style. You will also hear variations within Variations (our goal was to make the style NOT sound like a style, but rather a BAND playing or you 'Jamming' together with AUDYA) ... e.g Guitrs, Drums, Bass, horns ...etc. When Programming a style, if you make it too busy, the player plays less. If you make it too empty, the player plays more (prefered by most professionals). In this case, we believe we were able to tackle both angles.

4. Do not pay attention to my errors, but rather listen to the quality of the 'new' AUDYA. These were recorded live from Keyboard to MP3 recorder and not in a studio as initially planed. This way, you get to hear and see exactly what you get.

5. Videos are coming up next week on Youtube and our website with more detailed illustrations and some other styles and features shown.

6. These can be purchased from us or you may contact your local dealer. Packages available are:-

A. STANDARD (30 Styles and 25 Sounds only on USB stick).
Price = $299.00

B. PREMIUM (120+ Styles, 30 New Sounds + Modified Existing Sounds, Fixes (Drum Timing issues, Midi Sync ...etc), New Features, RAM expansion. For those outside the USA, you can send us your (or purchase) hard drive (additional cost will be added). We will install and send both the Hard Drive and RAM expansion to you (we need to modify the RAM Expansion chip). Extended warante doesn't apply to installations not made by us.
Price = $499.00 (128MB) or $599 (256MB)

C. DELUXE (Includes the PREMIUM Package PLUS VOCAL HOLD feature). Requires modification to Sound card which you need to send to us if not sending entire keyboard.
Price = $899.00

We will continue to provide updates and upgrades to our Products.

Thanks for your feedback ... and support.

The AJAM team.

PS: We have also included the AJAMSONIC RETRO Package for those with the MS, X, XD, SD and Midijay Series - who are also looking forward to a FRESH UPGRADE!

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 12/31/11 05:35 PM

Great to see Aj, really interested although from Australia, will want to know price of hard drive and ram 256 chip and will you give written and detailed illistrations on how to install, as my dealer is in Sydney and I'm in Melbourne, and not sending Audya all the way, will want to install myself. Thanks

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/01/12 02:18 AM

Robbo.

That’s when your problems will start, take my advice leave your Audya as is, leave the top on it, don't take the top off yourself or for that matter let anyone else take the top off. If you have not taken anything in of what has been happening with the Audya since it was launched one thing is foremost and it is this. If things start to go wrong with your Audya, it won't be going back to Italy with loose screws, and have not noticed when things do start to go wrong Ketron are the last to be involved, they just shrug their shoulders and say "Non capisco” in Spanish “No comprendo” you might not even get that. Be sensible there is not one thing wrong with the sounds or styles on the Audya and the new ones I have listened to by AJ don’t jump out at me and say £500 -£800, in fact there are better ones on the Tyros 4. Robbo,the Audya once lived on it’s real drums, that’s why people jumped at it, have yours suddenly disappeared, mine are still perfect, perhaps you need to speak to Skude about taking the top of his Audya, it’s been on and off like a fiddles elbow.

Robbo, you have a very Happy New Year and get on with paying for all the fireworks you just let off and leave the Audya alone.

Best Wishes

Tony

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/01/12 07:49 AM

Hi Tony, many thanks for your 'private' e-mail message (your e-mail address please when convenient) ta. I wrote to you on Skype when you have a mo! HNY all. Carl

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/01/12 09:15 AM

I listened to AJ's style samples this morning. They sound good, however I agree with Tony, nothing really jumped out and made me say "Wow"!

Maybe after a year of waiting I was expecting to be blown away. I'll listen through them again paying more attention to style part voicing and improvements in the instrumentation.

I would be interested to know how many of 130 styles are BRAND NEW and how many are just re-worked old offerings.

I'll look forward to hearing more demo's and seeing some video's.

Perhaps after that the excitement level may jump up a notch or two.

As far as the hardware upgrades, I would be a little nervous about any unforeseen conflicts that could arise. Most of us that have had problems with the Audya do not want the possibility of more glitches in the operation.

I'm certainly not ruling out AJ's upgrade yet, more hearing and seeing and info is needed at this point.

Jim

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/01/12 10:32 AM

Jim,

Got to agree with all you say, I think too long has passed now, you can't market something like this and take years to get it on the market, the number of possible sales are tosh even if AJ had got it on the money. I don't think I will even see a Audya with AJAM sticker by the side of the Audya label.
Posted by: gruhs

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/02/12 08:04 AM

Guess I'm just getting old, but looking at the list of demo styles posted a couple days ago, I don't see but maybe a couple of style types I would be interested in having added to my Audya if I was brave enough and rich enough to go for it. They all sound real good but not much I would use in my programs. Why not more good ole "Big Band", "country/western", "50's rock & roll" and "unplugged"?

Re: www.ajamsonic.com - 01/02/12 10:03 AM

gruhs,

Coming right up in the new folder ... same directory. There was a lot of demand for new (Modern/Dance) styles as many believed we did get right the contemporary/country/ballrooms in the begining. The new folder will also include some new styles and sounds as some have asked to hear some of just these.... just give me a few hours to get those arranged. Remember though that I can't demonstrate every sound and style in the keyboard. The final list is also being put together.
Posted by: gruhs

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/02/12 10:15 AM

Happy New Year AJ... sounds good, will look forward to the next batch :-)

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/02/12 11:11 AM

I listened to AJ's style samples this morning. They sound good, however I agree with Tony, nothing really jumped out and made me say "Wow"!

Hi folks,

I agree !

I must admit one of my first thoughts was :

"It sounds more ore less like an Tyros!"

Of course a lot of work, and I would have no fear to open my Audya ( again, I did it 2 times for a hd-backup laugh ), but have to think twice if it´s worth a few hundred euros.

As well waiting for more demos wink

What about KETRON-Updates in the future ? Will they be still possible or not after having installed the AJ -version ?

Greetings form Germany with best wishes for the new year wink

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/02/12 11:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Snoopy

Hi folks,

I agree !

I must admit one of my first thoughts was :

"It sounds more ore less like an Tyros!"

Of course a lot of work, and I would have no fear to open my Audya ( again, I did it 2 times for a hd-backup laugh ), but have to think twice if it´s worth a few hundred euros.

As well waiting for more demos wink

What about KETRON-Updates in the future ? Will they be still possible or not after having installed the AJ -version ?

Greetings form Germany with best wishes for the new year wink

Hi Snoopy,

Ketron will have to come up with new samples and styles, they haven't got big money to pump into new products, I think the Audya will be around for a while, I don't think AJAMSONIC will not turn heads in the UK, it's hard enough to sell KB without trying to sell unsupported bolt ons, you got to remember AJAMSONIC is not a Ketron approved bit of software, you load it on its at your own risk, at least I have to heard anything to the contrary. I have said before anything goes wrong with an Audya, Ketron don’t come bursting through your door to help you, you put something not made by Ketron on your KB that messes it up and Italy will disappear of any of your maps.

Tony

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/02/12 01:50 PM

Just to let you know too ... if you wanted to install any of the EXPANSION Memory chips to expand your keyboards Sampler/Sound bank offered by KETRON, you (or your dealer) would still have to open your keyboard up ... unfortunatly this cannot be avoided for any hardware upgrade to this great keyboard.

However, if you are satisfied with the AUDYA the way it is, no upgrading is needed for you.

With regards to future updates offered by Ketron, if you have installed the AJAMSONIC upgrade package (or any future upgrades or updates offered by AJAM), will this in anyway prevent you from installing future updates from Ketron? No. This upgrade (and so will others in the future) was done in collaboration with other Engineers at Ketron to prevent such issues.

Thanks,

AJ

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/02/12 05:57 PM

Just to let you know too ... if you wanted to install any of the EXPANSION Memory chips to expand your keyboards Sampler/Sound bank offered by KETRON, you (or your dealer) would still have to open your keyboard up ... unfortunatly this cannot be avoided for any hardware upgrade to this great keyboard.

However, if you are satisfied with the AUDYA the way it is, no upgrading is needed for you.

With regards to future updates offered by Ketron, if you have installed the AJAMSONIC upgrade package (or any future upgrades or updates offered by AJAM), will this in anyway prevent you from installing future updates from Ketron? No. This upgrade (and so will others in the future) was done in collaboration with other Engineers at Ketron to prevent such issues.

Thanks,

AJ

AJ,

I think with all the problems people have had with the Audya we would like to see this validated on the Ketron Italy website, I think if you did this it would help you cause and boost sales, I am surprised you have not already done this, not just with the approval of the US importer CMC. When you say “was done in collaboration with other Engineers at Ketron to prevent such issues” , if this is the case it would be a mere formality to have this posted permanently on the Ketron IT site.
Regards

Tony

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/02/12 09:47 PM

Tony,

I will forward your suggestion to the person managing the Ketron Italy site (good suggesion by the way) to ease the minds of many, even though we do take care of those we service as was mentioned in the past.

Done with uploading the new files.
In order to bring up these styles within the existing list, they start with the number "8" - rather than creating a new folder for people to start searching through, so if you haven't done so already, go back to the folder and listen to these new styles requested by many here (not a great Jazz player but I think I tried)...

Next badge of Styles and Sounds will start with #7.

Enjoy,

AJ

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/03/12 08:07 AM

AJ:

You have done some nice work with editing and changing up sounds and voicing within these styles. I know you have many hours invested in doing this wok.

The new voicing of the instruments is nice and clean and refined. Nicely done!

I am disappointed however that I'm not hearing any " NEW " Styles. Yes, the reworked styles have a new sound and feel, but they are just that, a reworked repeat.

The reason we buy Arranger keyboards, is for the arrangements. The styles bring out the creativity and musicianship in us.

I feel Ketron is really missing the boat by not having a constant line up of new styles available to buy and download on their web site.

If Ajamsonic contained a block of NEW ARRANGEMENTS, my order for the upgrade would have been placed already.

My compliments to you AJ for the work you have achieved on your package upgrade. For many, I'm sure it will be a welcome addition.

As for myself, I'll continue to enjoy my Audya and wait until somebody realizes that Completely New Styles is what is needed to rejuvenate and improve an already awesome Arranger Keyboard.

Jim

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/03/12 08:55 AM

Jim - you're right on the money with those comments, very well put. Good work AJ - but I can't help feeling that you should have hired a Robert Messier clone to do the demos. I too will wait and see what else comes up. HNY all, Carl

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/03/12 09:00 AM

Jim,

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, it was a lot of work first of all to fix what was/is broken, then enhance what content was already there to make use of the new features, Sounds and ARPS.

However, there are Completely New Styles in the AJAMSONIC Package - unless you didn't get a chance to listen to all that were uploaded yet.

Let me point some of them out for you (thus far):-

* A One Drop Reggae
* A Small Big Band 1
* A Small Big Band 2
* A Southern Swing
* A Swing Baby
* A Blues RiffALL
* A Folk Ballad
* A Magic Gospel
* A Ndombolo
* A Real Compa & Zouk
* A Soca Rhumba
* A Soca Slide
* A 8 Beat Ballad 3
* A Afro Jazz

I understand that these could also possibly be Completely New Styles that do not appeal to the kind of music you play and for that reason, if the styles were the only reason you were interested in the package, it might not be worth your investment at this time.

However, keep checking in for more styles soon to be uploaded - maybe certain ones might appeal to you (it might also help knowing your taste in music so as to see if there are any in that category you might be interested in). Nothing new has been developed for the UNPLUGGED category yet! Also do not forget that there is the STANDARD package which is simply Styles and Sounds!

Again, thanks for your feedback, and I am glad you did aknowledge the amount of work and time put in to make a great Keyboard Arranger (AUDYA) sound even better. Naturally, when something sounds good to begin with, it's a lot harder to make it sound better smile

AJ

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/03/12 10:11 AM

Jim,

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, it was a lot of work first of all to fix what was/is broken, then enhance what content was already there to make use of the new features, Sounds and ARPS.

However, there are Completely New Styles in the AJAMSONIC Package - unless you didn't get a chance to listen to all that were uploaded yet.

Let me point some of them out for you (thus far):-

* A Small Big Band 1
* A Small Big Band 2
* A Southern Swing
* A Swing Baby
* A Blues RiffALL
* A Folk Ballad
* A Magic Gospel
* A Ndombolo
* A Real Compa & Zouk
* A Soca Rhumba
* A Soca Slide
* A 8 Beat Ballad 3
* A Afro Jazz

I understand that these could also possibly be Completely New Styles that do not appeal to the kind of music you play and for that reason, if the styles were the only reason you were interested in the package, it might not be worth your investment at this time.

However, keep checking in for more styles soon to be uploaded - maybe certain ones might appeal to you (it might also help knowing your taste in music so as to see if there are any in that category you might be interested in). Nothing new has been developed for the UNPLUGGED category yet! Also do not forget that there is the STANDARD package which is simply Styles and Sounds!

Again, thanks for your feedback, and I am glad you did aknowledge the amount of work and time put in to make a great Keyboard Arranger (AUDYA) sound even better. Naturally, when something sounds good to begin with, it's a lot harder to make it sound better smile

AJ

AJ,

I am listened your new styles and sound.For me is sounds wery good and dont minde much if some of them just reworket exsisting styles.Must say,you did a nice work.
But something interest me much more then styles and sounds and this is:
do you work enithing on operating system and if you do,what kinde inprovement you can present to as.
Whay I am ascking this?
We all know the latest OS dont work stabile and haw to much bugs and errors.Nobady from Ketron give as some suport for auer problems.If I purchase your new AJAMSONIC and load to my Audya ,what I can exspect? will my kayboard work bether wit new AJAMSONIC package? and can we expect much bether suport and advices if something go wrong?Ketron in the past teach as to be sceptikal...

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/03/12 10:15 AM

Dusan,

AJOAMSONIC isn't going to fix Ketron Bugs or hardware problems, if they would AJ would be working for Ketron.

Tony

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/03/12 10:33 AM

Dusan,

AJOAMSONIC isn't going to fix Ketron Bugs or hardware problems, if they would AJ would be working for Ketron.

Tony

Tony,

what we can expect then if fundament dont build well? If you tray to build house on bad fundament then you know what you can expect....
In one word:if AJ do nothing on OS then we cant expect some revolution except anather 900$ who I mis in my pocket...

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/03/12 11:16 AM

Dusan,

There is a document as to what software issues this will resolve on the same folder as far as the styles are concerned (AudyaAJAMSONIC - Details.doc) and it specifically targets the Audio skip/freeze when sometimes switching (on the fly) between styles or arranger parts.
Those who have already installed this have not experienced such anymore (management of the Audio Files was addressed and in some cases the length of the AUDIO LOOP had to be addressed ... which is why this upgrade replaces some of the Audio Loops you currently have).

There are other issues I have seen here (some of which we are addressing), but a few have been User error and we are trying to prevent some of these actions from even being possible in future updates (as we continously investigate the cause of these problems to begin with).

As to support, we have always tried to be available on public forums to answer questions and help when/where possible. However as the workload increases and our customer base grows, you do understand why we would have to give priority to them first (both National and International) right? As a customer of ours, you're in good hands (and I believe there are others on this forum that can say likewise about us too).

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

AJ

PS: You can also reach me directly (direct number and email are on the document too). ... and out of curiousity, how did you get at $900 (unless you're intereste in the Vocal Hold)? smile

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/03/12 12:12 PM

Dusan,

There is a document as to what software issues this will resolve on the same folder as far as the styles are concerned (AudyaAJAMSONIC - Details.doc) and it specifically targets the Audio skip/freeze when sometimes switching (on the fly) between styles or arranger parts.
Those who have already installed this have not experienced such anymore (management of the Audio Files was addressed and in some cases the length of the AUDIO LOOP had to be addressed ... which is why this upgrade replaces some of the Audio Loops you currently have).

There are other issues I have seen here (some of which we are addressing), but a few have been User error and we are trying to prevent some of these actions from even being possible in future updates (as we continously investigate the cause of these problems to begin with).

As to support, we have always tried to be available on public forums to answer questions and help when/where possible. However as the workload increases and our customer base grows, you do understand why we would have to give priority to them first (both National and International) right? As a customer of ours, you're in good hands (and I believe there are others on this forum that can say likewise about us too).

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

AJ

PS: You can also reach me directly (direct number and email are on the document too). ... and out of curiousity, how did you get at $900 (unless you're intereste in the Vocal Hold)? smile

AJ,

let me answer on your last question first:
I am interest for ewerything what my kayboard make bether,but I am not preper for something what cost a lot of dolars and haw no real result.
AJAMSONIC package in full wersion is my desire,but first my Kayboard must work.I mean W_O_R_K....All funcion must be in position to used them in the midle of the knight if I nead them.But naw is not the case.
The same problems go thru all updates and new one is coming out...
-My Audya still load two user Live guitars in the same time from begining
-My Audya Test program still haw the bugs (cant anderstand this)
-My Audya dont want send Midi data to PC sequencer (Audaya test program show some Midi error)
-My Audaya still frize sometimes
-My Audya was two times in Ketron factory and thous days I send it again

And what is the most bad thing:I haw Audya more then two years naw and I haw no courage to play on live gig....I still play on my old Tyros1 who is five years old, but work with no problem night and days.
What do you say...???

And one more thing:
where in Ketron factory hide my hundrets of Emails when I asck for help?I dont recive just one answer.That be the same with AJAMSONIC?Hardly belive was not.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/03/12 01:53 PM

Dusan,

Contact me directly at ketron_tech@yahoo.com

Also send me the serial number of your AUDYA and the current OS file you have in it.

Have you opened your unit up before (and are you comfortable doing so)?

Let's talk more off-line.

Thanks,

AJ

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/04/12 12:01 AM

AJ, thank's for yor demo. is good. I only wait for video demos, suonds solo and guitar riff demo before buy full package.
I hope your video demno answer my question that:
1- all new sounds is .ins format and must be load or some are stored into internal memory and always ready ?
2- are new preset sounds use internal slot (overwrite old sounds) or we have more page sounds added ?
3- new guitar audio stay in memory or must be loaded ?
4- and really important for me: the problem that sometimes the audio loop go out of sync (internal styles) and must press fill or change var for re-sync depend of what ? is fix ? is only my problem ? depend of audio loop stored ? is software problem ? is hdisk problem ?
- why I have only sometimes ? my hdisk is always the same, I don't write, or append files like midi or mp3
- with correction original audio drum do you fix it or is not this problem ?
thanks. I wait your video demo

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/04/12 02:44 AM

AJ

I asked months ago if you were going to address the Leslie sim on drawbars. It is lass than stellar to say the least. Was this ever improved ?

Bernie

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/05/12 09:18 PM

Bernie,

This issue has been resolved with the new organ samples. I will have some SOUND samples up shortly illustrating this (not sure if we included this in video or not).

Thanks,

AJ

PS: Did you get a chance to listen to some of the new Organ samples used within the styles too? What were/are your thoughts?

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/06/12 01:59 AM

AJ
Thank you but I am referring to "Drawbars", not the organ samples. The fast and slow rotor.

Bernie

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/06/12 11:39 AM

Bernie9,
Nothing new on the Drawbars Lesslie stimulation yet.

Dusan - studio time was extended so I can't call you back today as planned. With tomorrow being Saturday, I hope it's ok to call you then so we continue where we ended Wednesday?

Sorry for the delay.

AJ

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/07/12 12:13 AM

Aj, please I have post some questione 2 post ago. and want ask too..if U buy hdisk + ram if is possibile install the ram withot assistant (I have old model of audya)

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/07/12 02:32 AM

Bernie9,
Nothing new on the Drawbars Lesslie stimulation yet.

Dusan - studio time was extended so I can't call you back today as planned. With tomorrow being Saturday, I hope it's ok to call you then so we continue where we ended Wednesday?

Sorry for the delay.

AJ

Ok AJ,
I will waiting to your call...and I am at home all this day.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/07/12 03:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Dusan
We all know the latest OS dont work stabile and haw to much bugs and errors

Hi,

Thank Godness I can say that my Audya5 ( bought in October 2010, OS 4.2B ) is working without ANY problems so far ( knocking on wood for three times laugh )

With OS 4.0 I had a few ones, they went after I did a harddrive-scandisk via PC !

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/07/12 09:39 PM

pastroccio,

What is your serial number? I might be able to help (contact me at ketron_tech@yahoo.com).

I might switch out your sound card and let you know over all costs (send you new card with RAM installed and you send us your old card). It does take some hours to do the modification on the old cards which is why Ketron prefers you have a specialized technician or your dealer do it - upgrading or not to the AJAMSONIC version. If you simply want to install more RAM in your AUDYA and have a serial F1AA10XXX, you'll need some soldering work done to install the expansion memory.

Contact me off-line.

Thanks,

AJ

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/07/12 11:30 PM

AJ
Thank you but I am referring to "Drawbars", not the organ samples. The fast and slow rotor.

Bernie

Jeez Bernie,

That was hard going, BTW what is the real problem you have with fast and slow, have we all got it, is it a common fault.

Tony

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/08/12 02:41 AM

Hi Tony

I am an old school B3 guy that is pretty atuned to the Leslie sim. Wheras many of the presets are good, I find the slow/fast rotor control, used on drawbar settings, to be seriously lacking in credability.

I overcome this with the Ventilator or " Vent" module coupled with a halfmoon switch attached to the Audya.

http://www.neo-instruments.de/en/ventilator/ventilator-features

I would like not to have to carry extra gear with a $5000 machine.

Bernie

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/08/12 04:04 AM

Bernie,

Lets wait and see what TWD says about this, he is the TWD, the dude of all dudes.

Tony

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/08/12 08:57 AM

The R&D that goes to producing 'that sound' is immense. I strongly believe its why Roland and Korg (VK7/8, BX/CX) threw the towel in after the Hammond New B3 and XK3 was released and why Yamaha and all the other major players stopped trying years ago. There is only so much a General manufacturer like Roland, Yamaha, Korg, Ketron etc. can assign to ANY specific area of R&D, particularly one with almost infinite variables*. Hammond developed the award winning long loop tone-wheel sampling method for the new B3 and passed the technology down to lower models, no other major manufacturer has been able to do this.

So in all honesty if Hammond is truly an important part of your sound you have only two NEW options:

1) Hammond XM2 & a real Leslie
2) KeyB module (no Leslie required)

The ventilator you own is only slightly above average, just like the simulator on a modern Hammond it is Two Dimensional (listen through headphones). The worlds only true Three Dimensional simulator is found on the KeyB - you absolutely do not need a Leslie. Pitch and amplitude are manipulated and the result is a staggering 3d real rotation in a stereo image - its just astonishing. (on the module you can plug in other equipment e.g. a guitar to run through the sim.)

Lastly, as a Ketron Audya owner, if you just need occasional Hammond lead or pad sounds, I would personally suggest you use the samples (the main B3/Jazz samples on your Audya are taken from a KeyB Duo actually) The Leslie sim is not KeyB though and Ketron uses a somewhat unique 'morphing' effect to shift from Slow to Fast. As a Hammond player I do not find the Classic B3 samples on the Audya at all offensive but would never use the built in drawbars and effects dedicated to that section myself.

--------------------------------

A Hammond & Leslie combination is probably the most complex of sounds to reproduce - far more so than analogue synths, Wurlitzer Pianos or Hohner Clavinets, Even a high end Grand Piano is easier to reproduce because for the most part these instrument follow a set of specific rules and variables. The core Hammond sound is far from pure sine-waves; many other variables come into play, each one is unique. for instance here are a few (but not all)

1) cross talk (the amount of 'harmonic noise' that occurs due to the hundreds of tiny lacquered copper wires at the rear of the contact system. every single tonewheel Hammond is slightly different and this 'natural' crosstalk is almost impossible to replicate with any degree of authenticity.

2) Tube overdrive. This is not 'distortion'. overdrive occurs when the signal passing through a valve begins to 'clip' creating warm, even-order, harmonics. Its naturally occurring and unique to tube technology.

The list could go on for ages, but would also include keyclick, chorus/vibrato, percussion, Tonewheel flutter, Hum, Acutronics Reverb and of course Leslie simulation. None of these (particuarly a Leslie Speaker) is easy to reproduce.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/08/12 12:19 PM

TWD

Thank you for the most comprehensive explanation I have seen . I have the ear, but not the technical knowledge of what goes into what I am looking for.

At least, I won't be expecting any meaningful improvements in the drawbars, but will use the presets. My Vent does a good enough job improving the drawbars.

I agree with the KeyB Exp, but at $1800, I can't afford to be a purist.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/08/12 03:10 PM

Because you are talking about the Audya Drawbars simulation, I have a question.

On the SD2 or SD4 (mayb on audya too?) if you send a controller 0 bank 67, you get a drawbar sound.

You can use a drawbar sound on many channels together. SO you can for example play a drawbar sound for the left sound and another drawbar sound for the right hand.

The problem, is that when you change a drawbar value, it change for both channels together frown

Do you think it's a Ketron bug or it's a limitation of the Ketron drawbars engine, so drawbars are global for all the channels together?

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/08/12 04:02 PM

Sorry Dan, I have never felt the inclination to play with the drawbars on either module. I would imagine its global but do not know for certain. Have you tried asking the factory?

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/08/12 09:13 PM

TWD

Thank you for the most comprehensive explanation I have seen . I have the ear, but not the technical knowledge of what goes into what I am looking for.

At least, I won't be expecting any meaningful improvements in the drawbars, but will use the presets. My Vent does a good enough job improving the drawbars.

I agree with the KeyB Exp, but at $1800, I can't afford to be a purist.

See Bernie,

Its now use asking the monkey when you can ask the organ grinder. I told you TWD would have the answer thats why is called TWD.

Tony

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/08/12 11:42 PM

What is the email of the factory?

Dan

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/09/12 02:43 AM

Tony
Na na na na na na

I told you so
LOL

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/09/12 02:55 AM

Originally Posted By: DAN.2000
What is the email of the factory?

Dan

They are away until the 12th so I wouldn't suggest doing anything before that.

You could also try calling them as they will probably have a backlog of stuff to deal with.

KETRON S.R.L.
VIA G. TALIERCIO,7
60131 ANCONA
Phone: +39 071 285771
Fax: +39 071 2857748
e-mail: ketron@ketron.it

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/09/12 04:38 AM

Thank you.
Do you have a name of a contact at ketron to a man that you can talk with about such technical questions?

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/09/12 05:14 AM

I do, but I would not be able to release his email address on here. If you want, fill in the contact us form on ketronmusic.co.uk and I will forward it directly to him.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/09/12 11:01 AM

FYI

Just a friendly reminder ... for those sending in hard drives for the AJAMSONIC upgrade - we need to have your unit's serial numbers and correct contact info. We've had 4 customers (all from the UK so far) who didn't include this and we cannot contact you prior to returning your HD and RAM to get this information. If you reside in the UK and have sent us your HD, please contact us immediately so we can complete your USB key prior to shipping back to you (it's the only thing holding your HD back).

Thanks.

AJ

PS: Serial starts with F1***(Audya), F4***(Audya-4) or F5***
(Audya5)

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/09/12 11:13 AM

Tony
Na na na na na na

I told you so
LOL

Hi Bernie,

Perhaps TWD has not played as many T units as you in fact when he was born they had stopped making them, but he as a hell of a way of telling you a tale and he makes it sound nice. BTW never thought anyone in the UK would buy into AJAMSONIC how wrong can you be, hell they are pushing the boat out. Still not certain about warranties.TWD will know.
Still I do hope he help explain it, I didn't undersatnd a word of it, but what do I know about Hammond.

Kind Regards

Tony

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/09/12 12:21 PM

I owned a few T series and used to restore them too.

As regards Audya's that have the AJSONIC software installed: as already mentioned their warranty is void and in the UK at least we will no longer be able to support those units either (which will mean free telephone support will cease). But AJ has promised to take over warranty and support.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/09/12 09:49 PM

... I didn't think anyone in the UK would be interested either (given that the styles developed in this package were oriented towards the US and might not suit the type of music generally played in the UK and Ireland), but music is indeed an International language as we now see.

Some interesting suggestions are also coming from the UK with regards to future styles and features for Audya!

Re: www.ajamsonic.com - 01/12/12 12:16 PM

Get some good country in there AJ--with Garth Brooks /Johnny cash/ and modern country Brad Paisley and Toby keith to name only a few

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/12/12 12:56 PM

I do, but I would not be able to release his email address on here. If you want, fill in the contact us form on ketronmusic.co.uk and I will forward it directly to him.

I think the answer given above hits the nail right on the head of why the support is rubbish at ketron. What would be so wrong about give the contact email address of a ketron tec who's job after all is giving advice and support to people who buy Ketrons products, instead of having to jump through hoops and filling in on line forms,. AJ here make no bones about giving his contact email or phone number where he can be personally be contacted and that's exactly what we have needed all along with ketron. But when you have a distributor refusing to give an email contact publicly to someone who needed it then its no wonder this company has the name of being rubbish when it comes to getting support from them. Sorry, but thats my opinion .

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/12/12 03:49 PM

Of course you are entitled to your oppinion, but without knowing the facts its easy to jump to wrong concusions as you have done. Your all free to email the factory directly, but you shoul always go through your distributor - who you have paid in advance for support when you purchased your Ketron.

My contact is one of the Directors (who speaks very good english), because of his position it would not be good practice to release his email publically - sorry (In this case its not regarding instrument support, but rather software develpment which is why I offered to forward his questions to a Director).

The engineers are Italian speaking only so it would be of no use to email them directly.

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/13/12 12:08 AM

TWD,

I think you are right in one aspect, but here is my take on it. If everybody bought their Ketron gear though you, no one would have a problem because you see it through to the end, the problem is not all distributors your knowledge and neither do they care about problems. The best way to go about this is to have an email helpme@ketron.it.com or whatever, there people like Skude would be able to get their top of the range , top of the price bracket KB fixed rather than going through two or three people who will never ever get it fixed. It’s a one stop shop and if Ketron had any sense they would implement it. They only need one person in Italy to read the emails, any crap coming in would be replied with a crap message out and he presto! Look, TWD Frank and CMC will never never never ever fix Skude’s problems, I know it, you know it, the fact that Skude fell in love with it whilst on holiday was not Skude’s fault, it was Ketron fault that they do not have the proper level of dealers , as I said before had he bought it from Thomann his KB would be back at the factory, and he would have a new one. If the new one went on the blink, that would also be back at the factory and he would have another new one, the reason Skude has a faulty KB is Ketron at the root. I know that you are Skude’s only hope now and that’s not right but you are a person who has Ketron all over you.

Thanks TWD

Tony Hughes

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/13/12 06:10 PM

Is it standard practise (with the other keyboard manufacturing companies) for end-users/customers to be able to contact the Directors or Engineers directly (just asking to see if Ketron's practise is otherwise 'different') or is there a proto-call that is followed?

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 01/13/12 09:31 PM

AJ

I only made this as a suggestion, there would be problems since we don't all speakey the same and some incoming email may look like a request for ham and eggs not a problem with an Audya or whatever. Take Russia for instance if you have been on their undergoround looking for a station name you will understand, but if you are selling your products WW you should be prepared.

I real idea is make a product that never fails, Ketron is wide open to abuse by it users in allowing the software to be fiddle with. A there in lies the problem. Now if you have a man WW who can fix it all for everybody you just might have the answer.

Tony

Re: www,ajamsonic.com - 02/22/13 12:35 AM

Ajamsonic demos finally up at www.AjamSonic.com

Also working on some other demos requested by some (soon to be uploaded).