Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
There are plenty of VSTi voices that can replace a Mega voice, (They came out long before Yamaha introduced their versions on the Tyros series) however the amount of work involved to make them match the Yamahas programmed styles is very labour intensive.

Fortunately it is easy enough to swap the Mega voice track for a normal one, and then use (For instance) a VSTi rhythm voice. (It won’t sound the same, but the idea is to make it sound better, not emulate what is already there)

Bill

Well, that's just a cop-out, Bill, because the initial boast was that the Mediastation's VST's were better than the mega-voices, and that merely re-voicing the Tyros2's style would be sufficient.

The way it was implied was that the Mediastation could take a Yamaha Tyros2 style, as is, and easily make it sound better than on the Tyros2.

So now it's it's come down to the changing of original style parts...sounds like weaseling out to me.

That's fine, because my time is precious over the next two months, so I won't need to waste it proving the obvious.

Let's face it...Yamaha's handful of excellent mega-voices can't be easily duplicated...and the Mediastation can't make Tyros2 styles sound better.

Best to stick with what the Mediastation does best (playing VST's), and have the arranger section as a handy plus, for those needing that feature.

Ian