Hi Spalding
Moving sliders to fade in sounds is a common European way of doing things, (Look at European player videos and you will see extensive use of volumes) and is used in combination with switching and total pre-sets.
Another point to note is that most European players alter the volumes while playing without changing sounds (This is why most European designed instruments have real time sliders/drawbars for almost everything) so as to alter sections, as occurs in a real band.
Sound: Well compare that demo and Irishacts demo and you would not think they are the same instrument, as Europeans like a nice bright (Plenty of reverb) type of sound.
In this instance though the recording quality, or most likely the transfer to YouTube is not at its best.

The above is the reason I specified in my post, that it was from a European dealer, so that listeners would be prepared for the sound settings used and the way the instruments are played.

Bill