no James i dont agree. It not just about midi notes other wise ALL style conversions would sound better on higher end keyboards with better sounds than the original. In my ears this is rarely the case. Now maybe my ears are faulty but i would back them over the millions of words that have been said about this issue since converting styles became technically possible. But i wont get into a debate with you about it.

A simple A B test will settle this. Its not about creating a style that is exactly the same as the keyboard it was copied from. It is about making it sound better just by using better individual sounds and a little tweaking. There may be some subjectivity in this but pretty much everyone will agree that the styles in the T3 with its new sounds generally sound better than the styles in the Yamaha psr 8000. But a converted style from a yamaha psr 8000 will not ncecessarily sound better on a T3 without some monster editing even though the T3 may have better sounds. Like i said its not just about midi note data ! But lets not get into another discussion about it. we have talked about it for 7 years !!

A simple A B test would be enough to convince most (not all) if the theory that simply replacing the sounds with the best sounds you can buy makes the overall style sound better in reality and not just on paper (if things can sound on paper or text as in this instance !!!) . Or whether it is about the synergy of all the parts that creates the greater audible impression/quality.

That would settle it for me in any case and i suspect for many right here (assuming that it did not take a huge time commitment to do per style).