SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 20 of 27 < 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 26 27 >
Topic Options
#285769 - 04/28/10 07:51 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
And to Diki: one does not have to copy all T3 sounds, just the megavoices (because of their specific structure) because we both know you can't replace it with a normall instrument because the midi/style track is very specifick for a megavoice.

Flipping heck, there's only 23 of them too?

lol... Ho well, back to my thousands of Giga files.

James

#285770 - 04/28/10 08:07 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Flipping heck, there's only 23 of them too?

lol... Ho well, back to my thousands of Giga files.

James

Actually, what really is humorous, is that the Tyros2, an instrument with only a handful of mega-voices, makes having thousands of giga files for the Mediastation's accompaniment section, rather useless.

No sense comparing any longer, since the Mediastation is clearly not equipped to be in the running.

Ian

#285771 - 04/28/10 08:15 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
To get a style with megavoices working over on the Mediastation, you need to create an exact copy of the megavoice and use it on mediastation..

Megavoices are so specific in their structure that they can only be replaced by an exact copy of the Megavoice.. or an improved version of it (which takes huge amounts of time).

So its unfair to do a comparison with a style containing a megavoice untill someone copied these megavoices to Mediastation and shared them.

So untill someone copies/creates the megavoices to gigasamples you just can't use Yamaha styles with megavoices on Mediastation.

Well, that seems to settle things for me, and, now Dennis and I don't need to do a comparison.

Let's hope that all these wild claims that the Mediastation can make Tyros2 styles sound better on the former than the latter, will finally come to end.

Ian

#285772 - 04/28/10 08:16 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
ianmcnll Offline

Sorry, double post.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 04-28-2010).]

#285773 - 04/28/10 08:43 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Actually, what really is humorous, is that the Tyros2, an instrument with only a handful of mega-voices, makes having thousands of giga files for the Mediastation's accompaniment section, rather useless.

No sense comparing any longer, since the Mediastation is clearly not equipped to be in the running.

Ian

Finding a sound that is similar to replace the Megavoice will merely take time but not that much time. As for the rest of the accompaniment sounds i.e. bass, drums, percussion, backing sounds, there isn't a single sound the Tyros 2 is going to produce that will rival any high end VST file. Yamaha drums and percussion are very mediocre so AKAI samples or "BFD" will easily best them. The right hand sounds there simply is no comparison.... A Tyros 2, 3, or any other closed system isn't going to hold a candle to the best multi-samples a VST has to offer.

#285774 - 04/28/10 08:55 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
abacus Online   content

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Ian
There are plenty of VSTi voices that can replace a Mega voice, (They came out long before Yamaha introduced their versions on the Tyros series) however the amount of work involved to make them match the Yamahas programmed styles is very labour intensive, (Just like the Tyros trying to control the VSTi Mega voice equivalents) it can be done, but it takes a hell of a lot of work.

Fortunately it is easy enough to swap the Mega voice track for a normal one, and then use (For instance) a VSTi rhythm voice. (It won’t sound the same, but the idea is to make it sound better, not emulate what is already there)

Bill

#285775 - 04/28/10 08:59 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Ensnareyou:

Finding a sound that is similar to replace the Megavoice will merely take time but not that much time.

Not according to what others say (some of whom do not even own a Tyros2 or Mediastation).

They say it's nigh on impossible to equal or surpass Tyros2's handful of mega-voices in the Mediastation's accompaniment, even with 1000's of giga voices.

I'll be just glad to see all the empty boasting come to an end...nearly 7 years of malarkey is a bit much.

Ian

#285776 - 04/28/10 09:02 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:

Well at least Dom has been able to keep his sense of humor. I have to admit, I'm partial to people with a good sense of humor. Too many people take themselves way too seriously. Trust me, only a very tiny percentage of the population is listening to you.

chas

[This message has been edited by cgiles (edited 04-28-2010).]

I'm sorry......What did you say?...

#285777 - 04/28/10 09:19 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
There are plenty of VSTi voices that can replace a Mega voice, (They came out long before Yamaha introduced their versions on the Tyros series) however the amount of work involved to make them match the Yamahas programmed styles is very labour intensive.

Fortunately it is easy enough to swap the Mega voice track for a normal one, and then use (For instance) a VSTi rhythm voice. (It won’t sound the same, but the idea is to make it sound better, not emulate what is already there)

Bill

Well, that's just a cop-out, Bill, because the initial boast was that the Mediastation's VST's were better than the mega-voices, and that merely re-voicing the Tyros2's style would be sufficient.

The way it was implied was that the Mediastation could take a Yamaha Tyros2 style, as is, and easily make it sound better than on the Tyros2.

So now it's it's come down to the changing of original style parts...sounds like weaseling out to me.

That's fine, because my time is precious over the next two months, so I won't need to waste it proving the obvious.

Let's face it...Yamaha's handful of excellent mega-voices can't be easily duplicated...and the Mediastation can't make Tyros2 styles sound better.

Best to stick with what the Mediastation does best (playing VST's), and have the arranger section as a handy plus, for those needing that feature.

Ian

#285778 - 04/28/10 09:22 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Ian, sounds (tones) are SSSOOOOO personal..What I like another will not..what you like, some one else will not....What we are use to..is also what we "think" sounds better..

Most Yamaha owners marvel over the "mega" tones....I think when compared to the standard XG tone bank...sure they stand out...but compared to other brands that have similar tones..the other brands equal or sound better....It is a individual taste...and there will always be heated arguments about what each of us think is the better sound..

As I mentioned over the years ..All manufacturers have sounds that "stand out" compared to the competition..

Personally, I thought the Yamaha concert guitar was a stand out...but less than excited about the other heralded tones..
I thought that Roland excelled in choir and scat voices..that were unmatched by the other brands...

I thought that Ketron's drums and bass over-matched the other brands...

But to endorse any instrument across the board as the best sounding keyboard...simply is not true...But, personally we need to choose what works overall for each of us...For some that may be Yamaha...and for many other folks..it will be another brand..

Page 20 of 27 < 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 26 27 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online