Quote:
Originally posted by gilbert:
Feature after features is exactly all we get,The demo left allot to be desired both in sound and ease of operation,okay, time you spend a year or so presetting a total playable programme i suppose it could perhaps function as an arranger but to my old ears, is yet noway comparable sound wise and the ease of use with any of the other mainstream arranger products.
As an arranger player I want first good and varied styles arrangements,then,good edit features for both style and voices,Ease of use,and good edit features for the Global parameters So I can spend all my time playing rather than fiddling around,for this I can use my computer.The voice changes in the demo using slider was not precise sometimes in a panic and worst of all very unmusical and quite an unnatural way of changing voicing,yes even here in Germany.
Is it not now time for Yamaha type demo to be made that really shows if this really is of interest to arranger players.

Gilbert.

I'm simply amazed at the conclusion you and others have made simply watching Tastenpoint play the Lionstracs. The Lionstracs is no different from any other arranger with the exception it has far more real time controls to choose from and can run VST's. There is no need to use the data sliders to change sounds, Tastenpoint obviously felt that was the way he wanted to use them. If you want to use switches, buttons, pedals, or sliders you simply assign them the way you want.

The Lionstracs is no more difficult to use than most arrangers so presuming that it is based on not actually using the instrument is a mistake. James videos clearly show that using a Mediastation isn't difficult at all. Check out those videos if you haven't already.

[This message has been edited by Ensnareyou (edited 04-19-2010).]