Hi Gilbert.

Quote:
Thanks for the link,which I have been following with interest since your first posting,although as can be seen I have yet to make any comments.
I have been waiting to see, what I describe in my initial post as.a Yamaha type demonstration,where different arranger function are seen, used on the fly running seamlessly between the changing of voices,styles,and performances over a period of time as one would expect to see in a live performance situation

If I may say so, please don't just sit on the sidelines waiting for something to happen. If you want to see something specifically just ask because I don't bite

In this specific case what you want to see will never happen because Live Styler does not go from one style to the next without stopping. This has nothing to do with the keyboard, it's the Live Styler program that functions in this way.

Going from sounds to sound, or VSTi HOST to HOST is no problem. That is pretty much instantaneous.

Quote:
It seems to me thar an awful lot of programming is going to be required on the Lionstracs products before this can be achieved

Not at all, if you look at the last video I recorded between all the talking and demonstration parts, I still took a style that was not suitable for use and in under 10 minutes I had reassigned all the parts, settings and volumes.

If I hadn't have been recoding a demo I could have done it in half the time. So really it's not going to take you long at all to assemble a “best of” collection of styles and have them running on the keyboard.

I hope you can also see from the video how very simple it was to do what I did also. Everyone should be able to do this with no learning curve at all.

Quote:
I believe most arranger players would prefer to just press a button or foot pedal and the get the exact sound rhythm and performance data loaded with minimum programming.

That maybe the case but you would never think it from reading the forums and all the OS requests and features people are after. Even if it was the case, this still poses a very interesting opportunity for people too. If your ever going to buy a second keyboard then this is by far the ultimate choice. Instantly you would benefit from the right hand sounds and VST HOST, and because you have an arranger to fall back on, you could take your time exploring the arranger in the Mediastation.

Most people here do have more than one keyboard too.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 04-20-2010).]