Hi Diki.

Quote:
James, you've had the MS for how many weeks now? I could have done four hours on the G70 the day I bought it..

Your being childish now.
It takes me months to put together a program because my standards require me to push the technology right to the edge of all it has to offer and to sequence heavily in the process to accomplish what I hear in my mind.

Those are my standards and I will always try push both the technology and my own abilities to the limit. Simple as that.

I couldn't do what you do simply because I find it unacceptable.

Quote:
And the POINT (as I said) about Dom's refusal to deal with on bass chords only emphasizes that Dom fixes what he WANTS to fix, not what the users of the arranger needed. And here you are, saying that, once again, the MS is 'on the cusp' of finally fulfilling its' 'potential', blah, blah, blah... You have to understand, we've been hearing the EXACT same thing for at least five years.

Simple fact.... none of what your talking about is applicable now. Progress is only made from being positive and productive. I don't care about past issue that don't apply any more.

That's called progress.

Everything you have been saying on this forum for years regarding the Meidastation is pretty much irrelevant because of the progress that has been made.

Quote:
I've been reading about your issues with the super low latency of the Linux core and how many VSTi's can't handle it (don't think I don't keep tabs on what is going on) and, as far as I am concerned, this thing looks no more ready to run than it did five years ago. But I keep hearing the same excuses.

You have no patience. If a problem is found it must be discussed and analyzed. I have two problems with VSTi's and if you had actually followed the two threads you would see that Domencio researched this and found there is a memory leak in wine, and in the process a fix was already found for this issue, and he was even after asking 64 Studio to send him a new build for testing.

So in the space of a few days we went from finding a problem to having the solution in the hands of Domenico for testing. That's bloody impressive.

Quote:
If a keyboard's greatest strength is also its' greatest weakness, where is the advancement in that?

There are none, but like pretty much everything else you can say about the keyboard, none of it applies any more. Things have really moved on that much in the space of a year.

I just wish you would listen to what I'm saying and open your mind because could be your ultimate dream machine of all times. I really mean that.

Quote:
If every aspect of an integrated arranger lies under the control of several different and ultimately competing interests, what is the likelihood that they will EVER all get on the same page..?

I had hoped you would have understood that concept from the way I explained things regarding modules. As I said, Linux is the foundation, Lionstracs custom software is the actual platform that the modules communicate through.

So regardless of all the variables, the entire point of Liosntracs software is to make communication seamless between all all the modules.

Quote:
Every time Linux gets changed, there may be issues. Every time Wine gets changed, there may be issues. Every time a software VSTi (originally designed for Windows) is updated, there may be issues. No-one is taking the rest of the picture into mind when they make changes.

Being paranoid about what MAY happen is a wast of ones time. Sure I could wake up dead in the morning

Quote:
This isn't what I'm looking for, when it comes to a piece of gear I might base making my living around, I'll tell you...

That's because your afraid of it and you underestimate your own abilities. You have got lazy and found contentment in just hiding behind someone else's programming. I don't mean for that to be rude or insensitive, I'm just saying it because I feel you need a kick in the arse and to cop on to yourself.

If you don't push yourself you learn nothing.

Quote:
Just tell me, James... how long IS it going to take to work up those four hours?

If you don't have pride in what you do, how can I make you understand why it will take me months of work ?

Regards
James