Quote:
Originally posted by Ensnareyou:
What bar are you referring to?
While you and others may buy into the hype of Mega Voices and Super Articulation, I know that's nothing more than marketing hype. I've been using multi sampled sounds with real time switching on my Fairlight since the 1980's. Fairlight truly set the bar when it came to an instrument that sounded great, was intuitive, and was upgradeable.

Whatever you buy into, really doesn't matter...Yamaha and Korg make terrific arrangers, closed or not...they have set the bar high enough so that so called "superior" open arrangers like Mediastation, cannot play their styles correctly (as the hype has alluded to) without additional software and/or lots of tweaking...and we still haven't seen/heard any proof that they will in the near future, if at all.

As far as the Fairlight goes, it is not an arranger, so comparing it to modern arrangers, even a mid-range PSR-S910 is, more or less, rather silly.

Makes no difference to me how well or how awful the Mediastation does with Yamaha/Korg styles...it is not a competitor to the Tyros3 or PA2XPro, so I would like to see Mediastation have great success.

Ian