Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
O.K. for all you guys who don't have an Audya, and have absolutely no intention of getting one. . .
Since it was introduced, you could open a style view screen, change volumes, sounds, loops, kits, sounds, etc. I suppose the new software will allow you to CREATE new styles.
I HAVE easily edited some of the ones where I didn't like a sound or volume. It's as simple as three or four button pushes, including the SAVE.
You can also easily substitute audio style parts for midi parts and vice versa, or add loops if you want.

Certainly no intention of getting one, or recommending one, Don, as long as it seems to be a work in progress.

Not that it matters much, as the Audya may not make it to my part of the world, even though we do have a healthy arranger market...especially Newfoundland.

I, like some others, just like discussing these instruments, the way one discusses a Ferrari, or a Prius, even though we may never have need of one or intend to purchase.

The discussion of the Audya, will serve to educate those who are interested in buying, and may save them some of the headaches and hassles experienced by some users(but not you, it seems).

In regards to the style editing already present on the instrument....will it allow you to swap parts from one style and use that part in another...let's say Chord 1 from Texas Swing, to Chord 2 Country Swing?

Will it let you exchange parts within the same style...for example, Chord 1 in Variation A, to Chord 1 in Variation D?

I'm sure any potential buyer would ask these questions...I know I get them a lot on clinics, and in fact help users learn how to edit styles.

Style Creation from scratch, is far more difficult, and beyond the interest of most arranger players, and although I'm sure there are a few, I haven't run into any in all the years I've been doing clinics, so they are a rare breed, for all intents and purposes.

I'm glad you are doing well with the instrument, and maybe it'll make it's way to Eastern Canada...Solton was a popular arranger back in the day, here in the Maritimes, so it's not that big a stretch to imagine the good ship Ketron landing here in the future.

Your answers to my questions would be greatly appreciated.

Ian