Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I still think you and Don should get together and troubleshoot this yourselves. At least rule out hardware differences between your units... If they have identical components, you've ruled out that possibility.

Waiting for Ketron to do it for you (especially as you are not pressuring them with a warranty claim) might not work. If people aren't trying to get their money back, why would Ketron admit that the problem might be hardware related, if it will cost them a bundle to repair all those units with the fault? It's all well and good to rely on a company's honesty, but when fixing problems might put the company in serious financial straights, delay, obfuscate and deny are the usual responses, these days...

Trusting that an OS fix is going to solve the problem when there are things you could be doing yourself to find the issue is a bit optimistic. But I must say, I am still shocked that you don't at least play the Audya while you wait for what Ketron comes up with. It's obvious that Don has worked out a workflow that DOESN'T crash the unit, why not simply adopt his workflow until Ketron makes it possible to go back to yours?

Diki,

I agree with you we should just send them all back, all the people who have problems, but you will be going through the dealer and he will need to hand back his mark up and when money comes into it gets tough, the dealer will want to tell you to wait and see what the next OS brings. I have come to understand that this is what the KB World is all about, we are been used to develop KB for manufactures, I don't think this happens anywhere else, tells you a lot of what they think of the end users, musicians, just interested in what comes out of the KB, which sound the best, best styles, live drums and all that tosh, if it don’t work properly when you turn it on it don’t matter to them, it sounds bloody good when it’s working, they think we are daft and I think they are right. Well I am!

Regards
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey